Flashers - suggestions

I've caught many fish on that spoon. The skinny g also. Sounds like most of us have the same disease, i have dozens of flashers and use the same 4 or 5 every year. But if i could only pick 3 it would be black double glow, original green/silver hot spot and the chartreuse hot spot with crush glow one side and the mirror glow tape other side.

That said when i sockeye fish it's all pink and red variations.
You should try all blue

I have been a big fan of purple onion. seems to go with any lure and is my backup flasher now. Herring aid flasher, Chartreuse green like above is my go to and green with red stripe.

Thats a good point. do bottom so you cover the water column. I was a little concerned when fishing four rods that the flashers may be too much so we were running a naked spoon like 40 feet back on top. Will try a naked cut plug next season.

20' spread is enough to run two flashers. No need to stagger their distance back either. I do clip short though, 10'-15'

Black blue green are all good for 100'. so the blue flasher would be a good one to try. Ive heard it works for the fraser as well. The herring aid flasher has an irish cream back and has black on it. Highly recommend that flasher got the 30lber last year on it.

Don't forget the sockeye killer...blue blade with white glow and orange stripe on it. I know there were lots of jokes about it but we used it last opening with pink squirts and killed it. Never had to be out too long to tub out and had a quad to round out our day last day out of the last opening.

I do think water clarity has a say in colors you put down. For example in local waters (Vancouver/Georgia Strait) we use a lot more greens etc on both flashers and lures but when on the WCVI I like blues and whites (with the Boogie Man thrown in;) ) with some glow.

I've had good success with a lot of the lime green varieties, moon jelly and some of the latest offerings from Gibbs but one I always go back to is the Boogie Man. Have been using it consistently for a good dozen years now.

A couple of years back the Boogie with a Luhr Jensen flash fly killed it for me in Kyuquot.....beat out every other combo I was running.

View attachment 71282

Shhh shhhh

The boogie man is and probably always will be my favorite for deep winters

This. My number one producer for many seasons. But I’m not sure it matters much which flasher you use. Fish what you have confidence in.

Attachments

• CDB63B13-927E-4E9F-A8C7-D4D94BF9E2CA.png
    CDB63B13-927E-4E9F-A8C7-D4D94BF9E2CA.png
    366.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
If we start out with the assumption that flasher color matters then naturally the professional fishermen should of narrowed it down by now what works better.

There is a theory some hold that gold metallic and orange and yellow work well at sunset and sunrise, as they sometimes mirror the ambient light when fished shallow for Chinook.

Some also think the old school red works well for Chinook as it may be an aggression colour for big Chinook about to spawn and fight on the spawning beds for the opportunity, as it reflects the colour of eggs.

Back