Search results

1. Slabbedout

Retaining wall contractor Victoria

Looking to get a retaining wall built to separate the sloped boulevard to my lawn. Ideally rock, boulders, blocks but am open to design or suggestions. We had originally thought maybe poured dyed concrete or the large lock block jersey wall. Roughly 50-60’ long and 4’ tall. Anyone care to...
  2. Slabbedout

Targeting Hali

https://islandfishermanmagazine.com/the-hunt-for-georgia-strait-halibut/ Hey not looking for spots or anything specific Just curious if anyone cares to post some sounder photos of bottom structure or chart contours that they would target Hali on ? I typically look for spots that go from flat...
  3. Slabbedout

ISO 40-50hp 4 stroke

Ok, For starters I have a 16’ welded boat with a 2001 Yamaha F40. Boat was built by Aluminator and has no ratings so I am not 100% sure what the max HP I could strap on it. Current 40HP is decent but struggles a bit with 3 full size guys and a load of fish. I think a 50 would be better and a 60...
  4. Slabbedout

Scotty swivel mount repair

Has anyone tried to repair a stripped Scotty swivel mount ? I have an older one and for some reason it only locks in at one position, like all the other positions are stripped. I guess they where not really made to have heavy prawn pullers put on them.
  5. Slabbedout

Some one rear ended my truck near six mile pub

I know it’s a long shot but I was rear ended by a dark colored SUV or crossover type vehicle ( I think Rav 4 or possibly Subaru ) on Monday, Dec 19th on the bridge near the 6 mile pub around 4:10 pm. I was stopped in lined up traffic. I should have hopped out, got a plate # and had them follow...
  6. Slabbedout

Port Alice / Neroutsos inlet fishing

Looking at possibly investing in a property near Port Alice. Just curious what the fishing and boating conditions are in Neroutsos inlet ? I run a 16’ welded boat so I don’t think I will be traveling too far or heading out of the inlet. The plan would be to have the boat and a trailer there to...
  7. Slabbedout

Is non feed back steering required ?

I am swapping out the rotary helm and cable on my 16’ welded boat, motor is a 40hp yammie 4 stroke. My steering cable must have had a small crack or slice allowing water to intrude and slowly seize the cable and damage the helm over several years. My research shows that a non feed back helm is...
  8. Slabbedout

Suzuki DF 6 oil leaky

I bought a 2020 6hp Suzuki that the owner claimed was seized, because it leaked oil and the pull cord was stuck. I finally got around to playing with it today. I pulled the spark plug and found the cylinder full of oil. A few pulls cleared most of the oil and I cleaned the plug up. After this...
  9. Slabbedout

Sea foam use with fuel/ water separator

Just curious on anyones experience using sea foam or other fuel additives in their boats with fuel / water separators. I have added sea foam to my fuel in the past when I am not using the boat for a while. I was told not a good idea to run fuel stabilizer through the separator because any water...
  10. Slabbedout

ISO 5-6 hp long shaft 4 stroke

Looking for a 4 stroke 5-6hp long or xl long shaft. The small ones with the internal tank. Prefer Suzuki or Yamaha but will look at all makes. I am located on the island
  11. Slabbedout

Somass sockeye

Anyone know if it’s open or when it will open to fish sockeye on the somass this year ? Father’s Day weekend is typically when I have been there in the past
  12. Slabbedout

4 stroke oil change

Just curious where people are buying and what their for doing their own oil changes on their 4 stroke outboards. I change the oil in my outboard 2x a year and have always just bought the packaged Yamaha oil change kit from Sherwood marine. My issue is at $60 plus a kit I feel slightly...
  13. Slabbedout

Replacement release pads

Anyone seen replacement pads for Scotty release clips locally in Victoria or on the island ? The only place I see them is online, just don’t know what they should actually cost and like to support local. Has anyone had success reviving the grip pads ? I have tried cleaning with methyl hydrate...
  14. Slabbedout

Down rigger braid

ISO 200lb or better POWER PRO or similar downrigger braid. I would like at least 1 @ 400’ but will buy more depending on what’s available.
  15. Slabbedout

Trailer tire replacement

I have decided to replace my trailer tires before they let go at the most inopportune time. I have 4.80-12 tires on a ezloader trailer and have never really liked them since they heat up and don’t tow great at higher speeds. I am thinking as long as the clearance and bolt pattern is fine I can...
  16. Slabbedout

Eagle craft boat build ?

I have been saving my pennies for a newer 17-18’ welded boat. I grew up thinking the eaglecraft boats where king. My buddies dad had a 17’ with a 60 Yamaha tiller on it and we had tons of good times in that boat. I would like to avoid the production boats ( not that I don’t think they are nice...
  17. Slabbedout

Nitnat River access

Anyone been to the fly fishing club cabin on the Nitnat River recently ? I have plans to go fish the river in the next week or so but heard the road was rough and bridge over the little creek going in was not passable by vehicle. It’s probably been 5 years since I was last there and the road...
  18. Slabbedout

Navionics sonar maps off Beecher bay

I recently upgraded the map card in my chart plotter and just noticed there is a area off of Beecher bay / Race rocks that has no contours when zoomed in. Is this due to it being DND ? I don’t know maybe I just need to update the maps again ?
  19. Slabbedout

Fish ID

This little guy came up in the prawn traps. Any Idea of what it is ? Kinda a like a cross of a kelp ling and a eel but red in color.
  20. Slabbedout

Wanted 10’ aluminum

In search of a decent 10’ aluminum boat. I would prefer a v bottom like a Lund/Harbercraft/springbok but will also consider a flat bottom punt style if it fits my needs.
Back