Replacement release pads

Slabbedout

Anyone seen replacement pads for Scotty release clips locally in Victoria or on the island ? The only place I see them is online, just don’t know what they should actually cost and like to support local.

Has anyone had success reviving the grip pads ? I have tried cleaning with methyl hydrate and isopropyl, light buff with emery cloth but they just aren’t the same.

I’m pretty sure HC carries them. I bought a dozen from them at the boat show a few years ago and still have a handful.

I use alcohol swabs and they seem to be working Ok. Just keep the clips away from any type of liquid scent, if you use any. The oily sh*t isn’t clip-friendly at all.

Anyone seen replacement pads for Scotty release clips locally in Victoria or on the island ? The only place I see them is online, just don’t know what they should actually cost and like to support local.

Has anyone had success reviving the grip pads ? I have tried cleaning with methyl hydrate and isopropyl, light buff with emery cloth but they just aren’t the same.
Tyee Marine in Campbell River has them....

I’m pretty sure HC carries them. I bought a dozen from them at the boat show a few years ago and still have a handful.

I use alcohol swabs and they seem to be working Ok. Just keep the clips away from any type of liquid scent, if you use any. The oily sh*t isn’t clip-friendly at all.

yeah it’s scents that have caused them to be ruined I am sure.

Do you have the clips set for more tension? Just make sure before you buy new ones

Do you have the clips set for more tension? Just make sure before you buy new ones

Yes, the pads just get all grooved up and slick over time and if any scents get on them.

I have just kept buying new bulk release clips and crimping them on to the leash or I steal the pads so now I have a bunch of clips with out pads

Back