Search results

1. S

2023 Sooke Reports

Out this afternoon from 1-4pm. 10 coho to the boat (all wilds, all released). All caught in 400 to 450ft of water on spoons. Couldn’t scratch up a hatchery but nice to get out.
  2. S

2023 Gulf Island Reports

Fished Collinson today. Lots of boats out, most I have seen fishing in that area in a long time. Slow for us until the flood kicked in, then picked up a 71cm spring on white hootchie at 120’. DFO/RCMP looked to be checking boats when we first showed up mid morning.
  3. S

2022 Gulf Island Reports

No replies. I’ll post my own report. Went out for 2 hours in the wind on Saturday inside of Galiano. One nice spring around 15lbs on bait and a couple smalls. Had the whole place to ourselves, great afternoon minus the wind.
  4. S

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Any reports from Porlier or Salamanca with the opening today? Heading over to the cabin on Secret Island with some friends who have never fished before and might give it a go.
  5. S

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Back from a week fishing Bamfield (Aug 23 - 30). It was our second time there so still learning the best spots. Fishing was great for us, except for 1 really slow day in the middle of the trip (we just went to the wrong spots that day) Limit of springs and coho, since we had so many days...
  6. S

I will be up there next week as well from the 23rd to the 30th if any members are interested in meeting up, send me a PM. Mostly targeting salmon and maybe some lings. Will be staying at one of the lodges on the west side.
  7. S

PFD’s What you wearing?

Mustang Elite 28 w/ hydrostatic. Flotation is in the back instead of behind your neck, more comfortable for long days on the water and very lightweight means it actually gets worn in my boat.
  8. S

Moorage for prawns in the inlet -- getting desperate

I’m launching there this week so I called the office this afternoon and they confirmed it is open to the public. Cash only when office is open.
  9. S

Moorage for prawns in the inlet -- getting desperate

Last I heard it is open, but you have to buy your launch pass when the office is open (Mon - Fri only).
  10. S

Looking at dates for a trip this summer, I was able to find accommodation from August 23 - 30. Should there still still be consistent Chinook around those dates at the usual inside spots?
  11. S

Boat Camping - Broken Group

We ended up staying a week in Poett Nook as we discovered last minute we weren’t allowed to camp on the islands with our dog (should have thought of that). We did cross over to the Broken Group a couple of times on a calm day to sightsee and fish Swale. Definitely looked like there were some...
  12. S

Thanks for all the input! I think we have our plan sorted.
  13. S

For sure it was one of my concerns, our plan was to be out of the inlet before 9am. However, from the comments here, it sounds like Ukee might be the easier route. If we are coming out of Ukee maybe I will look at Willis or Dodd as well.
  14. S

I'm looking for some local advise. I have boat camped up and down the east side of the island but have never boat camped on the west side or been out in Barkley Sound. My wife and I have been planning to reserve a permit to camp in the Broken Group in mid August. We were thinking Gibraltar...
  15. S

Where to find trailer axle

I had luck finding the axle I needed at Thomcat Equipment in Langford last year. You could try giving them a call.
  16. S

Peninsula Boat Ramp

The North Saanich Residents Association is exploring some options and are asking for feedback. For those interested it might be worth answering the poll here...
  17. S

Saltwater Minn Kota kicker setup

For steering the cheapest solution would be to get an ez-steer type system installed. You basically tie off the main engine to the kicker when you want to troll so both motors turn together while steering from the console. Not sure where you are located, but I believe Trotac in Victoria can...
  18. S

Saltwater Minn Kota kicker setup

Agree with Zurk. I have a 16' Whaler (knock-off) with 60hp Yamaha and am in the process of installing a fairly light but powerful kicker, a 2-stroke 9.9hp which weighs 60lbs. It's an emergency back up only, I plan to keep trolling on my 4-stroke main as it's quiet and more economical than the...
  19. S

Suzuki 2.5HP for sale

2013 Suzuki 2.5HP for sale - $700 Short shaft, runs great, not many hours Internal fuel tank Weighs 29lb Located in Sidney
  20. S

Cleaning house- Misc gear

I'll take the Yamaha prop off your hands. I will PM you.
Back