Search results

1. SSwilson92

WTB Garmin ECHOMAPcv Head Unit

I am looking to buy a echomapCV 6 or 7 inch I currently have the 45cv but the screen on the head unit doesn't work. I have tried adjusting the backlight settings to no avail. I have the GT20 transducer that I would like to keep on the boat so i'm looking for something compatible with that...
  2. SSwilson92

Drain Holes on deck of Malibu 20

Looking to make a couple holes in the deck of my new to me 1980 Malibu 20. Im thinking closer to the corners as there is one in the center already close to the transom. (Podded) Any reccomendations on where/what to use to water proof the exposed edges? Cheers
  3. SSwilson92

ISO Older HDS-5

I am looking for a older Lowrance HDS unit with the ethernet port. Im running an older LCX112c and want to be able to share the transducer info to my rear helm for primarily sonar. Thanks!
  4. SSwilson92

Shore Casting in Sooke

Hey all, heading over to Sooke this weekend for Sookapalooza and, sadly, leaving my boat at home. I'm playing hooky from work on Friday so I'll have a day to kill and would love some pointers on where would be a good spot to cast from shore for Springs or Ho's!! Even pinky's. would just love to...
  5. SSwilson92

Voltage Problems with Mercury Verado

Hi all, recently I have been experiencing problems with My 2006 Verado 175 and loss of electrical power. (batteries draining or frying). I had the power totally quit on me twice now. I replaced both batteries and put a new alternator and belt on and after running it for two days my batteries...
  6. SSwilson92

WTB Plotter/Sounder

Looking for a decnt sounder with plotter and gps without breaking the bank. Had one lined up but the guy waffled (not an SFBC member) 5 inch screen is kinda what I’m thinking but would consider others. Have cash and am located in South Delta and can pick up in Lower mainland. If anyone has an...
  7. SSwilson92

New to me boat!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0KMVixk4paPSPjQ-L7wnx2ORA#Cates_Park After fishing my first two saltwater seasons out of my 16’ Sangster I decided to upgrade to a purpose fishing boat. 1992 Sea Ray Laguna with a 2006 Merc Verado 175. Gotta install sounder/rigger wiring and hope to have it out...
  8. SSwilson92

Arima Sea Hunter

Recently I've been flip flopping around the idea of spending $$ modifying my 16' Sangster but the more I think of about it and look at other boats the more I'm thinking of upgrading to a straight up fishing boat. I have been looking into the Arima Sea Hunters and I'm really starting to think...
  9. SSwilson92

Single seat instead of sleeper

I'm looking at installing a single seat at the helm replacing the sleeper seats on the one side only for a higher up position and to make a little more room in a 16 footer. Anyone had experience doing this and have any suggestions on brands/sizes/positioning. Cheers!
  10. SSwilson92

Fishing in the Howe Sound

Hey all, This coming Thursday I will be heading up to the Howe Sound for the weekend. I am staying at a buddies cabin on Bowyer Island and am hoping I could get some guidance on where to fish for Springs in the area. I will be trolling on the riggers and mostly fishing hoochies and hardware. I...
  11. SSwilson92

Power Mooching

Hey all, I am fairly new to saltwater fishing and I will mostly be fishing around the "Sandheads" area. I have played fish with a big flasher before and it is very different from what I am used to in the rivers and with light fly gear on lakes. Some people have told be power mooching in shallow...
Back