2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always see a bunch of prawn traps between Cowans and RC so thought I’d try in that vicinity. I was closer to the Cowans end down about 270 and a virtual blank in two traps. Not only that but the traps were covered in mud. I always see traps along that stretch so I must need to head further towards RC. Anyone with prawning experience in that area? Back out tomorrow. Wind looks favorable again.

Ive always been curious myself and find that the traps are about halfway between cowans and RC. Seems like it's there consistently through the winter months.

Had a solid bite on at Thrasher today at lunchtime. Was there for 40mins and got three to the boat. One on an Outfitter Skinny G at 127’, two on blue splatterbacks at 159’. Was fishing fairly close in.

fishing the reef or out in the deep tack? Will be there tomorrow

Had a solid bite on at Thrasher today at lunchtime. Was there for 40mins and got three to the boat. One on an Outfitter Skinny G at 127’, two on blue splatterbacks at 159’. Was fishing fairly close in.
You passed me in the channel by breakwater while I was eating lunch. Calmed right down after that managed 11 to the boat 8 were doubles 130-150’ 4” herring aid and 4” killemagee between the light and acorn in 300-400’ .Seemed to slow right down after the tide. All fish were close to legal up to 14#

Ive always been curious myself and find that the traps are about halfway between cowans and RC. Seems like it's there consistently through the winter months.
Those traps always seem to be there. I’ve tried there twice now all 3 traps empty the last time and 3 prawns the first time I tried. If anyone has any suggestions for where to prawn I’d really appreciate it. Father is out today by RC said it’s been non stop action and just released a 20 pounder 90’ down on a skinny g herring aid.

Watch our for the Blue Hulled Trophy with a Cabin. He has a puller on the back out. He's out of False Creek. He's out now. No traps on board, he left the fuel dock 1/2 hour ago. 4 suspects on board this time.

Watch our for the Blue Hulled Trophy with a Cabin. He has a puller on the back out. He's out of False Creek. He's out now. No traps on board, he left the fuel dock 1/2 hour ago. 4 suspects on board this time.

Did you see them head towards buoys? Or are you saying that they look suspicious as they have a puller mounted but no traps onboard?

Did you see them head towards buoys? Or are you saying that they look suspicious as they have a puller mounted but no traps onboard?

I believe he's referring to the thief caught in the act and confronted a few weeks ago. Was reported to authorities and pictures of boat posted here.

My trailer needs maintenance work which has kept me off the waters for the past week. Seems like the recent reports are indicating some good activity around the Hump and South Bowen. Glad folks are able to get out and enjoy the fishing and nice weather. For those of you who have been recently out, if you have to estimate, what percent of the legal sized springs are hatchery marked fish?

My trailer needs maintenance work which has kept me off the waters for the past week. Seems like the recent reports are indicating some good activity around the Hump and South Bowen. Glad folks are able to get out and enjoy the fishing and nice weather. For those of you who have been recently out, if you have to estimate, what percent of the legal sized springs are hatchery marked fish?

Hump was very slow today for us

The Hump has always confounded me.
Ahhhh I’m not alone. :)Always feel lost out there and have never done well. Only fished it couple time’s though. Feel way more at home fishing some structure. Even over at thrasher I’m always rubbing the pin, seem to find some in tight though.

You guys are nuts. It's the best this time of year. The trick to the hump is you have to find water. Make sure it's between 0 and 1000' deep and contains salt. I find fishing is best when you're either heading North, East, South or West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back