2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started at the Bell this am, made a couple passes and only picked up one pink. Moved to the North Arm just after the tide change just in time to catch an epic bite. Released a few pinks, then hit a 7 lb hatch coho, and then three springs in a row - 14, 16, and 17 lbs. Lost a couple other springs.

Attachments

• Aug 5, 2019 fish.jpg
    Aug 5, 2019 fish.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Crazy day at SH yesterday, 1 15lb spring at 9:30 on bait, 1 18 hit at like 10 feet while I was clipping on second rod, ended up not bringing enough bait for the battles we were having. Lost a nice one to a seal (first time experience for me) ended up snapping both the handles off my reel. Ended up switching over to spoons, no bananas spoon was getting hit like no tomorrow all rods were green flashers 50-80 feet best day I’ve ever had minus the sunburn!

Great day at SH yesterday, 17 pounder on white hoochie , green flasher , 50 on the rigger , 10 pounder, anchovie , green flasher , 60 on the rigger . Lots of nets out and happy people

Attachments

• IMG-20190806-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190806-WA0014.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20190806_061603_018.jpg
    IMG_20190806_061603_018.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 50
Very quiet so far.
Thanks for that, I stopped at North arm, will give updates.

One in box around 15#
67’ on chovie

Bonked a 2nd at 12:30 and we’re done. Beautiful day out. Old man is stoked.

Lots of bait bubbling in tight where I dropped traps too.

Attachments

• BCE7327C-6D2B-4A5C-A36C-00E28013CD14.png
    BCE7327C-6D2B-4A5C-A36C-00E28013CD14.png
    824.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Got out yesterday afternoon with my dad to fish the low slack. Was a little quiet around the tide change lost a screamer that busted my leader then it turned on around 5 oclock. Sealed twice on two good fish. Ran out of teasers so switched to white hoochies and nabbed two mid - upper teens pretty quick and managed to keep away form the sea dogs. 50 feet on the rigger had best action for us. All in all great afternoon out there and calm water unlike Saturday.

I saw lots of fish schooling on the sounder around north arm. Was wondering if these were pinks, or coho? I picked up a 18 pound spring off of bellboy - 200 feet of water. 60 feet on the rigger.

Ran identical setups on each side. One at 90 or 120 - the other at 60. All hits that day were at 60.

**** show day at sandheads yesterday. Had 2 20+pounders stolen by f#in seals as well as the lures. 2 broken rods. Lost about 10 others, from setting the hook so hard the rod smashed the roof and broke in half to losing them at the net. Lost atleast 4 or 5 chovie rigs. Still managed to bonk 3 big springs biggest 18#s. Could of had our 5 man limit 2 or 3 times over on a different day..

Hope the DFO is paying attention , and forget the BS info they've been supplied with so far, the Chinook fishing has been the best in 30 years as far as I'm concerned Here all the way to Bamfield, further but I haven't fished up there.

Hope the DFO is paying attention , and forget the BS info they've been supplied with so far, the Chinook fishing has been the best in 30 years as far as I'm concerned Here all the way to Bamfield, further but I haven't fished up there.

Nootka has been lights out all summer . my friend with a cabin there is still reporting huge numbers and huge fish. CR is the best i’ve ever experienced in 35 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back