2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have reports on conditions heading up the coast? Trying to get out of False Creek heading up to Thormanby. In a bit of a holding pattern right now. Doesn't look like it's getting any better overnight or tomorrow.
Why are you having troubles getting out of false Creek?

Went out at about 6am water was calm no luck until after the low tide at around 1pm. tried fishing the 200ft shelf at gower and got all tangled up and lost another cannon ball I hate braid on downriggers. they came like that so I will be switching to cable. well at 1pm lost all my teaser heads and down to one rod I trolled to salmon rock. Big take on cookies and cream spoon at 100' and I think this is close to a 25lbs spring?
Z9HVSFw.jpg

Had a pretty solid morning of fishing. Started at Bell at 6.30am. Hit our first before 7am near the bell at 40' on a spoon. 16lb - put up a solid 12-15 min fight. 2nd hit a chovy at 65 about 8.30am as we went away from the pack (SW) - 15lb. 3rd hit about 45 mins later when we stayed away from everyone. Almost spooled us and had to turn boat and give chase. A beauty 25lber after a 20 min struggle - also 65' on a chovy. Pretty epic day for 3 hours fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back