Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson on CKNW defends South Coast Chinook Closure

Not only do the lies that the minster is neck deep in need to be made available for all members of the public to hear but so do the threats that the FN made/makes. I'm so sick and tired of being told how all FN are champions of conservation and that we "new comers" are the problem.

We need to forget this ******** when it comes to all of our country's resources and actually do what is in everyone's best interest, socially, economically and environmentally.

I heard the frustration and building anger in the Minister's voice as Jill quietly yet persistently questioned him on the right points...excellent job Jill! I kept waiting for the word he refused to use...he is building a roundtable of all sectors....to reach a decision on using marked selective fisheries...what he should have said is he is waiting for the upper Fraser FN to give the Minister permission to allow hatchery retention....I wonder who told the Minister
to get that permission?

Hey guys ,
Send Wilkinson an email, tell him what you think, doesn’t have to be pretty. Guy is like trump tell em lies over and over and they will believe you. Light up his email! Goof!
Better yet send a letter to his boss (PM)showing the info on his Departments website and his on air denial. Tell him that you can’t support a Parties whose Minister either Misleads or outright lies to the public.

Better yet send a letter to his boss (PM)showing the info on his Departments website and his on air denial. Tell him that you can’t support a Parties whose Minister either Misleads or outright lies to the public.
the guy is such a POS!
somebody needs to get him on Global News and hold his feet to the fire on lying about the FN's Fraser River openings!

The stupid ones were the ones that voted for him

Correct.

A pretty face, social media and a populist platform got these dolts elected.

Hopefully people will see through the bs and get these losers out. They haven’t lived up to a fraction of what they campaigned on.

I have no time to massive deficits and promises today at the cost of burdens tomorrow.

The fisheries mess is just a small piece of this.

As I have said before, it pales relative to their other blunders. For Canadians to re-elect the liberals in the face of the SNC scandal, etc is a disgrace to the country.

The current Chinook situation will not cause a blip in the election campaign. Hopefully their basket of massive fails will been seen by the country’s voters and these clowns will go back to municipal politics or whatever other irrelevant role they find for themselves.

Last edited:
Not only do the lies that the minster is neck deep in need to be made available for all members of the public to hear but so do the threats that the FN made/makes. I'm so sick and tired of being told how all FN are champions of conservation and that we "new comers" are the problem.

We need to forget this ******** when it comes to all of our country's resources and actually do what is in everyone's best interest, socially, economically and environmentally.

I feel this little charade the current government has going in regards to native blessings and partnerships to push projects through is a joke, it’s actually getting ridiculous. It’s just starting to create more separation in society. We should be thinking we are all Canadian, but that’s not the feel I’m getting.

Last edited:
Same Americans who are against Canadian tankers in Juan de Fuca, but ok with tankers going through the same waters as long as they are supplying American refineries! Kind of ironic

now lieing aside about openings, I do wonder how significant this is - it appears they have only reported 61 salmon from all these openings so far??? Is this really a big deal or are these 'official' numbers just a pile of crap and they are in turn illegally selling or dumping 100's, 1000's?

I don't know the game there so genuine question!

now lieing aside about openings, I do wonder how significant this is - it appears they have only reported 61 salmon from all these openings so far??? Is this really a big deal or are these 'official' numbers just a pile of crap and they are in turn illegally selling or dumping 100's, 1000's?

only lower fraser numbers, upper fraser have been on the take too

https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/fraser/docs/abor-autoc/UpperFraser/UMFHarvestReport-eng.htm

If they only caught 61 salmon, why have thet been listing them for sale on craigslist? I don't see any current ads up right now or I would provide the link, but there have been lots.

ok, fair enough, but even with that included, its 124 salmon??? That is diddly squat in the grand scheme and a number I'd be totally content with as the bare minimum 'ceremonial' they discussed at the beginning.
As to the ads on craigslist, well, the one I saw talked about was exposed as chit disturbing fake, but that is why I am curious if there is something more going on. 124....no big deal at this point and we are just a week away from their 'restricted' fishery anyway.

So a gill netter is going to buy fuel, gear, staff, and sell a few fish? Lol or even funnier keep them for him and his family? Lol clown show.

Back