Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

We need to keep empowering them by keeping the issue in the media and constantly reminding them.
The only "empowering" that will work is through your wallet and you better have deep pockets. Liberals have been "empowered" to do the right thing over SNC with the media reminding them constantly yet crapola has been done other than toss 2 strong women who tried changing the party from within for the betterment of the country.

I despise the word "empower". The Liberals can "empower" themselves by collecting EI in the fall when they get FIRED.

The only "empowering" that will work is through your wallet and you better have deep pockets. Liberals have been "empowered" to do the right thing over SNC with the media reminding them constantly yet crapola has been done other than toss 2 strong women who tried changing the party from within for the betterment of the country.

I despise the word "empower". The Liberals can "empower" themselves by collecting EI in the fall when they get FIRED.
Yes I admired how those women stood up for what was right

I think you're misinterpreting what I was saying. I meant any MP, by making an issue that is front and centre for them to talk about. Specifically if it comes to the federal Liberals, if we going to get any kind of change in the regulations in the next 6 months, its dependent on pressure on them!

If you have seen or heard any of my comments publicly or on the forum, there is no political bias towards any party. It's about addressing the problem!

Last edited:
I think you're misinterpreting what I was saying. I meant any MP, by making an issue that is front and centre for them to talk about. Specifically if it comes to the federal Liberals, if we going to get any kind of change in the regulations in the next 6 months, its dependent on pressure on them!

If you have seen or heard any of my comments publicly or on the forum, there is no political bias towards any party. It's about addressing the problem!

Good post. It has been what I have been saying as well. The messaging needs to be that we care about the issue and want it handled in the right manner. If we just pick a different party and think they will solve it we are lying to ourselves and looking for the easy solution.

Last edited:
Protest results in Face to Face with Minister....

https://www.pacificangler.ca/pacific-angler-friday-fishing-report-may-24-2019/

The protest we had at the Fisheries Minister’s office earlier this month did result in a direct meeting with the Minister on Thursday. Myself and 3 others met with him for an hour and discussed the current situation, the science, and of course the politics. We presented him some options where the science shows we have no impact on Fraser stocks, even less than the 1% we have been telling him about. We are hoping they will look at our recommendations and open up some of these areas to provide us the opportunity to harvest hatchery chinook. I am working on a more detailed article to bring everyone up to speed and I should have that ready for next weeks report or I might send it out in a special mail out. Until then I encourage you to get out there and enjoy the awesome fishing, easily some of the best we have seen in years.

See you in the shop or on the water,

Jason Tonelli

Back