Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

:)Way to go, looks like a great turn out.
Good weather always helps.
Big Love from Campbell River.
Was nice to feel like the downtown core could be represented finally. All the valley and Island guys get to have all the fun. ;)

Awesome!!!
Pozitive.gif

Here's my letter

Dear Mr Wilkinson,

I am writing in support of the fisheries protest in front of your office today. I am unable to attend in person, so I am sending you this note to say that your recent closures of Chinook stocks up and down the coast are doing nothing to save the threatened Frazer River stocks, but they are devastating the economies of towns up and down the coast. This is for a fishery where we have less than one percent impact upon. The recreational fishery does most of the restoration and enhancement work on salmon stocks coast wide. Removing us from the water will also mean the funding and workforce for these important projects will dry up. We have time and time again come to DFO with recommendations and solutions to protect these important Frazer River stocks. Instead DFO insists on closing hatcheries and allowing fishing with gill nets in the river. As we have seen with the Thompson River Steelhead report. DFO also cherry picks and ignores real science. It's almost like they want these stocks to become extinct. For the health both the BC economy and our fish stocks, I urge you reverse your closure decisions and allow retention of hatchery marked fish from now until mid July, when these stocks of concern have made their way to the river. I remind you that we intercept less than one percent of these fish. I also urge you engage the SFAB and the FSI in meaningful negotiations moving forward.

Wish I could be there Buddy.
Simply no way in our present circumstances I can make it.
I am however in the process of finalizing the fourth letter to be sent to the Minister & Pierre's Idiot Child on this matter.

Give 'Em Hell Ladz!!

Cheers,
Matt

Too bad , was a good turnout , nice that some of my buddies showed up as well !! Thx to the organizers and speakers...

Right on people,, good on all you for standing up for this cause.

Like I’ve said before this is much larger than just being able to take home a couple fish for supper. This is about families, jobs and businesses.

Just wrapped up. Great turnout over 200 people! We had eight media Outlets covering the story including a number of Television cameras. Watch the news tonight and the paper tomorrow. Here's a bit of footage that a good friend of mine has uploaded to Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156838276421084&id=571331083&sfnsn=mo

You’re the man. We keep this kind of stuff up in fall before election and it will get attention and become important talking point for coastal candidates

Nice turn out. I do hold little hope in the Conservative MP though. Sheer's only interest in the west coast is that he gets the tankers of bitumen moving through our closed waters. Hopefully, positive news footage will open the eyes of those who don't utilize the sports fishery and understand our side when it comes to the economic impact of the coastal communities these closures have burdened us with. Good job to the organizers!!!

What did Saxton have to say?

His interview was in French, he might have done one earlier with an english news outlet , but I spoke to him for about 5 minutes afterwards, and his position was shutting down the entire South Coast was not warranted when sport exploitation was so low on the stocks of concern, and the main issue was in-river netting. He also wanted his office back (he won the previous 2 elections in North Van).

Wants his office back will say anything for your vote but like I57 says they only care about tankers of raw bitumen glopping through our closed waters. He showed up there with a big box of tim bits so what does that tell you.

Make sure you vote Green then, they are the answer honest.

Like your fearless leader Horgan. He’s suing Alberta to keep the pipeline from being built and at the same time suing Alberta to keep it open lol,, yah that’s not insane, man you can’t make this **** up lol.

I would suggest that we ALL spam Minister Wilkinsons FB page with this info every time he (or an associate underling) posts photo op or announcements that are hollow and also let him know that we are on to him and know the real reason he is doing this to us! Don't let him control the narrative, force him to answer the real questions or else he wont be given a platform to speak on until he does!

CBC TV French language Network just contacted me and they're sending a TV crew.
that was useless, how many french speaking canadians do they think would be at the protest on the west coast.. tough to even find francophones in Mallardville these days.

Back