Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed the change in color as well, and at times it has been pretty severe. It seems like they may have taken a quick sniff of fresh water and then bailed for some reason . It also seems like the Fraser arms (rip, lots of fun had in that joint over the years) is pushing further this year than before but that's not science in any way .

For me when those fish come around they go back, usually by running out of talent and secondly by design.

Been a hell of a season to feel enabled to write that last paragraph! I'm heading up to Dent Island this Thursday for 4 days, sounds like it's been waaaaaay slow around Denhan bay. Fingers crossed but weather this weekend doesn't help!

Don't know if anyone else noticed this but the Sockeye are changing to a Red Color now , the meat inside is still fantastic but wondering why they are changing color in the saltchuck ?????
Was out sunday and didn't notice any turning red. A bit green on a couple of bucks but bright chrome for the most part. See what I get into Thursday and can report back.

Got our 12 going home, waters calming down
Wasn't trying to just send a prag report, it was simply to rough out there to fart around with a cell phone, control the boat in 6-8 footers and drag fish in (and wanted to give you guys some current details in case u wanted to head out) But, it was a rough one for sure but we picked up 12 really nice Socks straight out from the south arm tower in about 560' of water on a west and east tack with the downriggers down between 105-120 ft using pink minis marked up with black magic marker and most of the tentacles ripped off. we were supposedly moving at about 2.5-3.0 knots but who the hell could tell in that water. my leader length is 22 inches and no blue flashers for me just green and a home made daisy chain on each side. I fish my lines 10' up from the daisy then 10 more feet up and the same on the other side.
Thought I'd share this with the 1st timers because I'm sure most of you are doing whats good for you and getting them as well.
Tight lines and sure hope the socks are open in a week to get out and get more ... 4 years is a long time to wait gotta get my fill canned to last . Good Luck and safe waters all !

Last edited:
0.3 meters at halibut bank,
Airport is north 1,
Sandheads nw13.
Calming down..

Yup. Things will taper down quickly now.
A few of the larger bucks we had even a couple weeks ago had the color to them. Slimmy buggers compared to their buds too. But...... They eat just as well. Have at er.

Tough sledding today. Marked very few schools and wind/waves in the a.m. with 3 ft. swells made things interesting in the old 14'. Got into one fish but lost at the boat. As of noon (when i left) still pretty bumpy, but does seem like it's calming.
Curious to know how others did...

I'm the dog fish King. It was sloppy for a solo effort . Got the speed under control and then missed one and 2 undersize . All around 300' bait was the winner . Off QA and to the south .

Wasn't trying to just send a prag report, it was simply to rough out there to fart around with a cell phone, control the boat in 6-8 footers and drag fish in (and wanted to give you guys some current details in case u wanted to head out) But, it was a rough one for sure but we picked up 12 really nice Socks straight out from the south arm tower in about 560' of water on a west and east tack with the downriggers down between 105-120 ft using pink minis marked up with black magic marker and most of the tentacles ripped off. we were supposedly moving at about 2.5-3.0 knots but who the hell could tell in that water. my leader length is 22 inches and no blue flashers for me just green and a home made daisy chain on each side. I fish my lines 10' up from the daisy then 10 more feet up and the same on the other side.
Thought I'd share this with the 1st timers because I'm sure most of you are doing whats good for you and getting them as well.
Tight lines and sure hope the socks are open in a week to get out and get more ... 4 years is a long time to wait gotta get my fill canned to last . Good Luck and safe waters all !
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back