Fished Possession and around to the lee of Secretary as the wind built up. The Westerly on the ebb made for a lumpy ride. Arrived at Possession a little after 8:00 and ended fishing on the east side of Secretary to Iron Mine bay from 9:00 to 1:00. Surprised by a Sockeye around 10:00 followed by a 10lb Spring a few minutes later. 40' on the rigger in a couple of hundred feet of water. White glow squirt behind a Madi did the trick but that was all. The wind made it very difficult to hold a course and the chop kept the downriggers swinging. Around Noon landed a very feisty Coho, must have been 10 lbs. but he had his get out of jail free fin so back he went.

Just a 17 pound spring today at about 12:30 at Possession. A long 6 hrs before that started at Otter and covered lots of water before finally getting the one opportunity before we quit. Saw or heard about 4 other fish caught. Hopefully the next wave of fish moves in soon.

Out with about a dozen boats between Otter and Trailer Park in the breeze from 10 to 2. Saw only one caught. Just before I was about to give up, caught a nice 15 pound spring at Trailer Park. Beautiful day.

Fished Otter and the trailer park stretch today from 6 am to noon and hit 7 springs and landed 4 of them. Nothing huge, 15 would be the biggest landed. We had one closer to 20 get off at the boat. The 15 was a super bright long and skinny female...the roe for a fish caught on the last day of August was so small so I took a picture of it. A much more productive day for me than yesterday.

Attachments

• roe.jpg
    roe.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 89
Are you sure Fisherben? I know that's what I thought too …...But all I see now is none retention of wild coho till Dec. 21???????

Fished the Bedfords and Aldridge this morning. I had one decent hit and 4 or 5 shakers. Didn't see a net out the whole time.

Out for the morning shift for 6 hours. Nothing to show but Rockfish.
Tried around secretary and saw a few caught but no luck for us.

Couldn't nail the depth I think
Open to suggestions

I have some tourist friends in town and want to try to get out for an afternoon/evening. Any coho showing up, yet?

Fished Otter and the trailer park stretch today from 6 am to noon and hit 7 springs and landed 4 of them. Nothing huge, 15 would be the biggest landed. We had one closer to 20 get off at the boat. The 15 was a super bright long and skinny female...the roe for a fish caught on the last day of August was so small so I took a picture of it. A much more productive day for me than yesterday.

Good sign.We may still have fish coming into well into Sept this year. This dry weather really has been making if later and later every year. Hope they stay I haven't been out in weeks but plan on going next week.

Out again with the three Lethbridge crew who have fished with me we figure back to the late 80's. Slower start to the morning than yesterday but when the bite came on it was epic. Nice to see a few boats all hooked up at the same time over a nice pocket of fish. We went 6 for 8 with the largest going 22 pounds. All reds and all but the smallest fish were males. The female was about a 9 pound feeder. The morning as yesterday featured a double and some deck dancing with the over and under jive. Sooke still continues to shine giving up nice springs on Sept 1st. sooke.jpg

Started in Pedder Bay at day light picked up one 10 pounder, trolled all the way to church only a wild coho that was released. Picked up my gear and dropped it at the Head, trolled to the Trap and part of the way back to the Head. Gave up at 12:30. Weather was better than expected, wind was light. Saw very few nets out today.

Headed out in the slop tonigh with a nice looking evening tide. 2 for 4 with a 20lb white spring and a clipped coho just as we were about to pull gear. Hope some big whites are moving in.

Back