Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out yesterday 7am to 2:30 pm . Got one nice hatch coho and that’s it couldn’t get a sockeye everyone out there seemed to be catching em but me. Not sure why we were using one dummy off the ball then green flasher and pink squirt at 40’ 90’ slow troll not a bite. Got fed up and went for springs lost a big one. Had a great day she calmed down and was hot out there. What was I doing wrong??? Thanks for any information cheers

More dummy flashers! Try 3 on each rigger.

As I stated before the season started, these fish in 2014 never made it past the Fraser canyon. They were netted out!
The only reason why it's been good last few weeks is because of midsummer stocks didn't get targeted that bad on the previous cycle.
Now we have absolutely hammered the mid summer stock and waiting for the Adams fish that won't show because they netted the **** out of them 4 years ago.
Just another run that DFO has managed into extinction!

You should check your facts before gum flapping personal nonsense.
All these runs have come in strong and we should all be happy... enjoy the opportunity.

I was out yesterday 7am to 2:30 pm . Got one nice hatch coho and that’s it couldn’t get a sockeye everyone out there seemed to be catching em but me. Not sure why we were using one dummy off the ball then green flasher and pink squirt at 40’ 90’ slow troll not a bite. Got fed up and went for springs lost a big one. Had a great day she calmed down and was hot out there. What was I doing wrong??? Thanks for any information cheers

We try to locate Sox schools. Jumping fish and on sounder. Then adjust to there depth. Yesterday 400ft. Today 500 ft. Down 80 to 100 ft. We went to 2 rods so we can stay on them. We speed up or slow down to make sure our flasher are working. Using 3 old Dodgers on each side for dummies. Hope this helps. Limits last 2 days.
Good luck.

Picked up 6 this morning at the Sandheads. Out in the deep water 350-400ft. fishing 100+feet deep. Standard set-up pink hoochie over dummy flashers all different colors

Epic morning from MA to SA. Hooked fish anywhere from 35’to 125’. Most were the largest of the season. Schools were generally small with the odd screen filler.

Keen on hearing whether the tidal fishery will be extended. 4pm I guess?

taking today off but fished the north arm the past 3 mornings with fairly easy limits of 8 each morning in about 2 hours. the earliest I got out was 8am and the latest 9 am. most people I know were limiting there with one boat nailing 30 fish yesterday. fished anywhere from 150' deep just south of n arm out to about 600' (mostly 300-400' range) between n arm and iona almost all my fish were caught inside of the pack off on my own or 1 or 2 other boats around. don't stay with the pack or around it unless you see lots of nets out, I found it slower going when I was out with the pack. fishing 2 dummies and 2 rods a side downriggers at 60- 70' mostly, glow heads and google eyes. lots of fish deeper yesterday went down to 120 for a while with success and then back to my 60-70 also with success. schools were showing deeper yesterday. the boat with 30 fish was fishing shallow the whole time though. a friend was just upping lines with his limit of 8 when I arrived yesterday about 8 30 am he got all his at 120' in about 300' water just south west of jetty a long ways inside of the pack. also nice springs mixed in, if you are running out of vancouver i sure don't see the need to waste gas going to the south arm. out again tomorrow morning.

This just in:

Waters: Tidal waters of the Fraser River (downstream edge of the CPR Bridge at
Mission to the mouth).

Management measures:

Effective September 4 until September 27, 2018:

- You may not fish for Sockeye salmon.
- You may not fish for coho salmon.
- You may not use bait when fishing for salmon.

That doesn't include where most of us have been fishing out in the salt. Lame for those in the river tho.

This just in:

Waters: Tidal waters of the Fraser River (downstream edge of the CPR Bridge at
Mission to the mouth).

Management measures:

Effective September 4 until September 27, 2018:

- You may not fish for Sockeye salmon.
- You may not fish for coho salmon.
- You may not use bait when fishing for salmon.

Fished North arm to QA with my son good action in the morning deeper on the riggers 70-100 , there's some nice fresh fish moving in
no slime at all and bullets, packing up the gear pulled the lines and wham a huge spring hits the sock gear nice bonus, must have hit at
40-50'
My son Nico with his first big spring
IMG_3837-1.JPG
IMG_3838-1.JPG

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=213073&ID=all
Yep guess I don’t know what I am talking about, any guesses as to why DFO suddenly is closing it? Lol...2010 27 million...2014...18 million....2018 7million....DFO manages our stocks to extinction.
Great to see our local economies prosper off ofthese sockeye, we used to get a sockeye opening almost every year. Relying on a sockeye run every 4 years isn’t the way it should be.
So many communities are being bled dry by DFO **** poor decisions.
Enough of the rant...

Off North arm this am...3 limits by 9am with a couple of wild coho and a spring lost.
Some are starting to get pretty slimy....but wife and kid ain’t complaining!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back