Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out Saturday prawn traps set at noon with no boats around, felt like drifting and watching prawn traps. Then a guy trolls past and hooks/lands a 30 pounder... I put the rods out. Lost a good fish right away, lost one at the boat, ended up with 2 and released and under. I was happy with 48 prawns, 6 hour soak and first time. Oh yah, 60’ down and homeland security like usual.9DC93919-EDF3-423D-9F0C-81869A9685B5.jpeg

Was out on Sunday, south side of Bowen away from the hoards and hooked multiple fish. Released about 6 wild coho. Was a shame to let one go as it was bleeding profusely from the gills and had the hooks in the side of his head. Ended up with our limit of hatchery coho and about 80-100 prawns.

Spent a couple hours out between Gower and Salmon Rock today. Realeased 4 wild coho. Finally one hatchery, but it was a spring and I couldn’t find my tape so it went back. Lost a couple others. 50 ft, various spoons, greenspaclback Jughead & black flasher.

Fished the hot coho spots near Bowen last night. Not a single hit. It appears after a week of epic fishing this wave of coho may have finally moved on.

Anyone else out yeasterday/today been able to find them?

Snuck out for an early morning bite. Hit Cowan Point at 5:30 OMG the breakers were 5+' didn't go well with my 21 ft. Stripper. Lasted 30 mins and hi tailed it back to HITW. Too late for any early day success. Sure hope it's gotten better out there

Ugly day what can I say!
Never improved as we scooted out of the North Arm about 8:00 am and battled our way over to Point Atkinson,the only fishable area we could see. Breakers were squirrelly at least 5+ as mentioned. BWD was 10-15 knots recorded. No way?Atkinson was pleasantly ok with lots of bait around but not a sniff after 4 hours of trolling around with varying depths and gear.
A couple of charter boats were fishing the same area but from what we could tell same results as us. Coho were frolicking around on occasion to keep us interested.
Headed back about 2:00, again snarly and tons of debry everywhere on the incoming tide line. The McDonald beach ramp was still under 2 1/2 feet at the entrance but we somehow slipped in ok although we needed to avoid an inexperienced boater steadfast grounded looking for help.
Again I state that nook needs to be seriously dredged.

Fish RC on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning (after an overnighter at Plumper) with the boys. Released many wild coho and two undersized springs, and kept just one clipped coho.

Went out Saturday prawn traps set at noon with no boats around, felt like drifting and watching prawn traps. Then a guy trolls past and hooks/lands a 30 pounder... I put the rods out. Lost a good fish right away, lost one at the boat, ended up with 2 and released and under. I was happy with 48 prawns, 6 hour soak and first time. Oh yah, 60’ down and homeland security like usual.View attachment 38841
Where did you prawn>?

View attachment 38936
Boxed a 20 at HITW quickly this a.m. at 90 feet on an anchovy and then ran over to Cowan to fish for an hour to try to find a couple hatchery coho and released a +/- 12 lb spring and kept one hatchery coho, both at 35 feet on white hoochies.
Nice, i gotta get out there earlier. But did my good deed for the day. This guy on bowen had his stern right on the rocks! His anchor bouy was in to close, hooked him up and tugged him off.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    600.5 KB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back