2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on a side note. The guides are interpreting that notice about Ambleside/Cap being open as no slot.

I was chatting with one today and if they say "1 salmon" and no max mentioned then bonk them. I agree if no mention of a slot in the notice then away we go for the next week.

Fished Cap/West Van today and didn't get a sniff; anchovies one side and spoon on the other. Didn't see much on the sounder. No seals around either. Only saw one caught and it looked like a spring and it looked like it was bonked as I saw no release after the netting. Realised a dead battery and had to kick it all the way back to Macdonald beach. Fun. Beauty day though.

Just over a week and this non-retention and 80 cm crap is over!:eek: Just another one of our Prime Ministers stupid decisions to have these regulations in our area April 1 to Sept 1. He then allows full on gillnet fisheries in the Fraser river that are ramped up in August to where over 5545 chinook are harvested and who knows how many sockeye? Good thing we were closed and other areas are releasing all those 80 cm and over chinook!:mad: Here is hoping for a fall election!:)

Just over a week and this non-retention and 80 cm crap is over!:eek: Just another one of our Prime Ministers stupid decisions to have these regulations in our area April 1 to Sept 1. He then allows full on gillnet fisheries in the Fraser river that are ramped up in August to where over 5545 chinook are harvested and who knows how many sockeye? Good thing we were closed and other areas are releasing all those 80 cm and over chinook!:mad: Here is hoping for a fall election!:)
And ...... another bunch of idiots .... one leaves , one comes ...... back to coho reports please

Except the horse is already out of the barn

Sure a lotta folks fishing off the north arm yesterday. You’d swear the slot limit was gone. On another note. There is a ton of wood floating in the Straight. I guess these big tides picked up a lotta garbage. Be carful. Pender Harbour to North Arm was loaded with logs/crap.

Sure a lotta folks fishing off the north arm yesterday. You’d swear the slot limit was gone. On another note. There is a ton of wood floating in the Straight. I guess these big tides picked up a lotta garbage. Be carful. Pender Harbour to North Arm was loaded with logs/crap.

There have been a bunch of boom out of Jervis inlet this year and they leave a trail like a drunk slug up the straits. Our beach is littered with really nice timber that no one beachcombs for any more. Best to be our as far in the middle as you can.

Yes tons of logs and wood debris in the salt. dodged a bunch yesterday and hit a submerged one as well (going luckily going 1/3 speed though). Be careful out there!

Man... the NW winds have been brutal this summer. Looked at next week’s forecast on EC’s website and it’s going to be NW strong wind everyday :rolleyes:
Here’s hoping that the gods of wind change their minds after Sep 1 or things can get even more boring.

Just on a side note. The guides are interpreting that notice about Ambleside/Cap being open as no slot.

I was chatting with one today and if they say "1 salmon" and no max mentioned then bonk them. I agree if no mention of a slot in the notice then away we go for the next week.

View attachment 56200clear as day there is still a slot...... what guide is telling you otherwise ?

Official reply from DFO regarding this regulation notice:
https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...max-size-confirmed-by-dfo.83009/#post-1011373

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back