my next (last) project boat

albernifisher

Well here she is, my next and final project boat. She's a 26' hurston. Over this fall and winter I'll be removing the fly bridge, gutting the whole thing, replacing the transom, stringers, floor and installing a pod
IMG_1819_zpsbfd7de75.jpg

IMG_1817_zps390d5d2d.jpg

IMG_1818_zps945dd1c5.jpg

IMG_1821_zps4a27015d.jpg

IMG_1822_zps3bbcda9a.jpg

Those are beauty hulls! Been on a couple and they sure ride nice. I'll be lurking on this thread AF !

Wow………you picked a big one for your last project LOL

Is this going to be a charter rig?

Looking forward to see how your vision turns out, I would love to do something like this but I am positive I would be so upside down in it when it was done I would have to be buried in it:(

I like what I see -the layout was what you see in most pilot house boats. Obviously you got a deal on it-nothing appears salvageable-maybe the stove? depends what it runs on -diesel? New Wallas's are extremely expensive-just a thought-often wished I had an oven. Good Luck-can't wait to watch this progress!!

Very ambitious project and more than I would want to take on. My first restoration was a 12 foot fibreglass boat that my friends said I should not turn into a boat. They suggested I turn it into a "planter" . Name stuck to the day I sold it.

Wow. That's a project alright,but so worth it in the end.Your gonna have a beautiful vessel when your done.I'm going to
be following this thread closely!

Back