Yet another spoon thread...Gibbs G Force????

FM have you seen any issues with the pesca's, Ive got a few that the paint is just crumbling right off of?
the only benefit I can see to the offshore produced spoons is they are easy to tune and change the flutter on with a little extra bend
the heavier ones are a little tougher
Tim

So far no issues with my Pescas---not the glow portion anyways. I do coat the non glow side with Clear nail polish and let them dry on the heat register.

The blanks are Stamped in China..the Pescas are using the same blank as another manufacturer and I know the other manufacturer has experienced some issues as well and the thinly painted versions do flake and I have experienced that a couple of times. The metal has some kind of coating or finish on it which is prone to flaking anything applied to it right off...I think it depends on how it is painted.

Try not to drop or bend them. I have tweaked a few by laying them over a Coyote and making ever so slight adjustments to match the dish and the lead of the spoon by the ring. Then I put the nail polish only on the non powdered side.

I am going to try sending some off to get powder coated. We'll see how this works as the original Coyotes were half and half powdered and they used to last a long time.

I have one that went all chalky and paint is falling off it and its new unused,
I dragged a turd for maybe half hour and half the black side is gone, I don't think I missed that many hits lol, the chrome is in perfect shape underneath, I would think it should have been scuffed up before painting

I have one that went all chalky and paint is falling off it and its new unused,
I dragged a turd for maybe half hour and half the black side is gone, I don't think I missed that many hits lol, the chrome is in perfect shape underneath, I would think it should have been scuffed up before painting

Yes, it is definitely very smooth under the paint.

I'd give that feedback to JT and he should pass that on.

I am interested in seeing the new shipment and giving those a shot.

I'll drag them into the shop one day,
whats that boat in your avatar? havent seen it around yet

on a side note from a few pages back. Magic Lure in port alberni carries all of the old gear including Tom Mac, Kachmor and Superior spoons. Some even with the fancy glow and uv.

I'll drag them into the shop one day,
whats that boat in your avatar? havent seen it around yet

I took a page out of BCI's book. 336 Canyon. Twin 350's.

Yeah, the quality of the Tom Mack knock offs is fantastic. I like the P3C's too. I have a few..haven't fish them much though...a 4 1/2 half and half brass was killer for me about 4 years ago. Need clear water.

I spoke to the guy from magic lures a couple years back and he told me they had the original Dies for those spoons and were remanufacturing them

I spoke to the guy from magic lures a couple years back and he told me they had the original Dies for those spoons and were remanufacturing them

it was a project that a friend of mine started with him. He only has a number 7. The shape is way different than the luhr Jensen original. My friend bailed before he had the tooling finished by a guy in Victoria.

Back