Yamaha kicker hydraulic steering

Ray I opted for a true autopilot 20 plus years ago for that very reason. In big wide and tide the kicker only systems can't maintain a heading. Mine can steer in those conditions better than I can. Mine is capable of handling the main and kicker cylinder rams...you just have to make sure they are synced up in the same position...turning both to either the extreme port or starboard ensures they are in unison.
What kicker ram do you use and got any pics? I'm leaning more that way. Have the Yamaha 8hp H/T

Seastar 5345 ram on the Yamaha 9.9/15 Hp model...2006. Boat is in water right now but will try and take a pic tomorrow

Steering lock was replaced with plate. I do have to watch not to tilt to high as i did not cut anything away.

Threads on one nut in pic have been ground down for clearance issue. (its very tight but very rewarding in its operation)

My kicker is on a garlick mount which pulls it out enough for me. Never could get virtual to work 100 percent perfect but the addition of the sensor resolved that.
Rear helm added as mine was i/o also, non hydraulic.

Attachments

• IMG-1487.jpg
    IMG-1487.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 31
I have an old OMC mount that works well. The Yamaha is an xl shaft. Someone else said cut the mount legs off but I didn't like that idea. The licker mount block is wood and all my luck it would break apart losing my motor. I will look at this more later tonight

Back