Cable to Hydraulic Conversion

EZZ70

Hey, trying to do a change on a cable steering system to hydraulic system. The IO has power steering so from what I can gather I will need the SeaStar hydrolic ram, hoses and hydraulic helm pump. I am also, wanted to add a Lawrence auto pilot to this system, does anyone know if the Lawrence Outboard Pac will work or any suggestions for me. I already have a Point1 so not needing that...

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 1.53.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 1.53.45 PM.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 8

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.21.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.21.37 PM.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 5
its all to be purchased new so thinking 1.7...
I would make sure it's not the 0.8 pump. They are super slow. Make sure it's the 1.6.

You can buy the pump seperate. It's just an octi pump.

I would make sure it's not the 0.8 pump. They are super slow. Make sure it's the 1.6.

You can buy the pump seperate. It's just an octi pump.
I agree, buying sepetrate might be the way to go... Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.21.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.21.37 PM.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 7

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.28.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.28.03 PM.png
    398.8 KB · Views: 18
Yes. Looks like lowrance is just reboxing it. Way to go lowrance. Goes from Delta to the states and back to Vancouver again. Lol

Canadian retail 833.00
where ya find the pump, who sells it locally? Thank you for your help...

You’ll have to sell your point 1 and replace it with the autopilot version
Just contacted Harbour Chandler, where I bought the Point 1 and a regular Point 1 can be used with the autopilot, the Point 1 AP is the same, so I was told... Tim mentioned no difference :)

PM sent... thx

Just contacted Harbour Chandler, where I bought the Point 1 and a regular Point 1 can be used with the autopilot, the Point 1 AP is the same, so I was told... Tim mentioned no difference :)
After further investigation, I think having a Point 1 and a Point 1 AP would be the way to go, unless someone can provide additional support? Thank you

Not sure why you would use point 1 and point 1ap. I sold my regular point 1 and used the ap point 1 that came with my kit.
Ap point 1 works with radar overlay as well.
Ap pack comes with hoses/ NMEA kit there’s a lot of value in that kit. Not sure how it would compare price wise to piecing your own together. Downside of course is slower pump and nac 1 computer.

Not sure why you would use point 1 and point 1ap. I sold my regular point 1 and used the ap point 1 that came with my kit.
Ap point 1 works with radar overlay as well.
Ap pack comes with hoses/ NMEA kit there’s a lot of value in that kit. Not sure how it would compare price wise to piecing your own together. Downside of course is slower pump and nac 1 computer.
Research Indicates: The two versions, Point-1 and Point-1 AP have different software with different dampening characteristics. Point-1 is optimised for stabilizing the chart display and for radar overlay, Point-1 AP with much less dampening is optimized for autopilot usage.

If you’re going to buy both you’d be better off selling your point 1 and upgrading entirely, precision 9 or other. The lowrance ap / point 1 is pretty entry level as far as it all goes.

So there's 2 reasons not to use that 0.8L pump on a stern drive or a big outboard.

1. It's sloooooow

2. The motor itself will strain swinging around stern drive or a big outboard. Maybe not so much at idle speed but take that to 8 knots. Big difference.

1612 pump is where it's at.

Back