WTB - Hourston saddle tanks

EZZ70

Does anyone have saddle tanks for sale that are in good shape?

Save your self some grief get new made up (you have gone to alot of work to put used **** in) and go with belly tanks as it makes a boat way more stable FYI and put it mid ship in between the stringers...

What Wolf said!
There's places to save money by going with used stuff. Used fuel tanks would not be one of them in my opinion.

Hey guys thank you for your reply’s, my main tank will be below deck and NEW, I am looking for a way to have aux fuel for longer trips... I though having the saddle tanks would be the ticket.

thoughts??

how many gallons is it? if you need more put another one in there if it more then 50 gallons thats PLENTY of fuel , unless your going offshore for tuna then all you need to do is bring some jerry cans

If it were me I would want atleast minimum 80g+fuel tank....... if your a single day warrior then smaller is fine. I’m on the water for days at a time and prefer not to be worried about getting fuel daily to go with the next days plan. It’s a pain in the butt planning around fuel docks hours and if you will be back in time to fuel up etc etc. Just my 2cents

Save your self some grief get new made up (you have gone to alot of work to put used **** in) and go with belly tanks as it makes a boat way more stable FYI and put it mid ship in between the stringers...

This is how my hourston 300l tank is installed. Haven't had any difficulty managing up and down the Straits at all. The boat remains stable regardless of load underway with a very slight dab of tab. The tabs are gigantic and too much tab gets your attention fast. Always zero them out coming off plane.

Moeler has lots of different options in plastic

Your 26 should have plenty of room for an 80 gallon tank between the stringers and go plastic as "SteelyDan" says. If "We're" going to build "Your" boat ,lets do it right.:)

Especially with that command bridge up top you want as much weight in the belly as you can .... think of a sailboat the have them full of lead for a reason in the keel..

Your 26 should have plenty of room for an 80 gallon tank between the stringers and go plastic as "SteelyDan" says. If "We're" going to build "Your" boat ,lets do it right.:)

Agree, and yes I have a new 80gal aluminum being built now but still looking for extra, I would like 100 gal :)

Especially with that command bridge up top you want as much weight in the belly as you can .... think of a sailboat the have them full of lead for a reason in the keel..

I'll add extra heavy resin below deck with lead additive, hahah

how many gallons is it? if you need more put another one in there if it more then 50 gallons thats PLENTY of fuel , unless your going offshore for tuna then all you need to do is bring some jerry cans

Really trying to stay away from the gerry cans if I can help it...

I have a pair I pulled from my 206DE approximately 25 gal each located on the island. Pm me and I can send pictures if you are interested.

80 gallons is a lot do you plan on going somewhere with huge distances?

I only say that cause you start adding more and more "weight" it will definalty effect the way the boat handles etc I would opt to putting in another tank in the belly then. (tempo) or opt to getting a HUGE tank built.... and lay the sucker on the bottom of the boat you have lots of space and time to do it, as if you have 2 side tanks that 2 extra filters, hoses, valves, connections etc....so thats 3 filters every year etc
I have a 26 hourston and it has a 80 gallon tank and im never really low on fuel my boat is very heavy being the model it is and the new motor runs at 10 gallons a hour at 25 mph I dont run it hard. thats the "sweet" spot on it.

I only say that cause you start adding more and more "weight" it will definalty effect the way the boat handles etc I would opt to putting in another tank in the belly then. (tempo) or opt to getting a HUGE tank built.... and lay the sucker on the bottom of the boat you have lots of space and time to do it, as if you have 2 side tanks that 2 extra filters, hoses, valves, connections etc....so thats 3 filters every year etc
I have a 26 hourston and it has a 80 gallon tank and im never really low on fuel my boat is very heavy being the model it is and the new motor runs at 10 gallons a hour at 25 mph I dont run it hard. thats the "sweet" spot on it.
50-75 miles seems adequate. Even for tuna. Lots left for the return trip with safety in mind.

Why not a Moeller poly tank? Lots of options....I like the idea of one big tank. I get wanting the option for lots of fuel. I’m putting a Moeller 60 gal in my 20’ Grady. Much smaller/lighter boat than a hourston 26’

Why not a Moeller poly tank? Lots of options....I like the idea of one big tank. I get wanting the option for lots of fuel. I’m putting a Moeller 60 gal in my 20’ Grady. Much smaller/lighter boat than a hourston 26’

It has to be custom to maximize the the volume of space I have to work with, stock tanks are limited in complimenting design to hull, space between stringers and max allowable height that I have on this boat...

Back