Is there scammers on here replying to every WTB ad?

smokedvw

I posted 2 WTB ads and received almost identical message's saying to contact someone via email. Both from users who joined today and almost the same message.

"Contact xxx, he has a Savvy Sumo Jigging Rod 6'3 available for sale and it’s in a good condition pm xxx@gmail.com"

Anyone ejse receiving this. May be a a coincidence but it seems very odd or rare.

You need to report these types of things to the Admin account so we receive notification that this is happening. You can message us directly, but we need details, specifically the username of the member that is doing it. Our spam catcher software catches most of these accounts when they register, but every now and then one slips through. The sooner we receive notification the quicker we can get rid of them.

Thanks,

Brian

Got this one today. It happens on every wanted ad basically

Attachments

• IMG_4327.jpeg
    IMG_4327.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 52
I got a pm from someone asking me to do a transaction outside the site. Not sure....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230725-092731_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20230725-092731_Edge.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 26
I am also a victim
Here is a re-post from earlier in this thread.

You need to report these types of things to the Admin account so we receive notification that this is happening. You can message us directly, but we need details, specifically the username of the member that is doing it. Our spam catcher software catches most of these accounts when they register, but every now and then one slips through. The sooner we receive notification the quicker we can get rid of them.

Thanks,

Brian

I reported a new user that sent me same email last week. Has happened a few times. I look up the user and hit the report button each time.

Because we review and purge the new sign ups on a regular basis, you may not be reviewing your DM's from these spammers until after their accounts have already been deleted. This would mean the report doesn't reach us, as that member account doesn't exist in our database anymore. The best thing to do is to send us a DM to the Admin account with the name of the offending member, that way we can double check that the spammer has been deleted.

Thanks,

Brian

Back