WTB Hourston Island Runner

Bill retired and the property has been sold as far as I know. Bluestar Motors now uses the building for a warehouse for fancy cars (Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc), but I suspect the whole property will be redeveloped soon. https://www.bluestarmotors.com/

The other half of the Hourston site was sold a while ago...the new owners I hear were denied a development permit by DofNV so it is sitting holding cars for someone else and up for lease. I don't think Bluestar appears to have plans other than using it for their business. They sold out of a property around 5th and Main over town so I think they're in good shape with the Hourston shop. They have been upgrading the building along the way, and its cool they kept the old Hourston sign up.

There was some significant value in the Hourston brand name but the value was in the dirt it seems.

The property would be worth much $$$$. The family is probably very comfortable :)

Pretty sure with the cost of property in North Van that the ROI made it unattractive to keep making boats when you could make more in terms of a one time sale on the property ( assuming they owned it ). Pretty sad. Great companies that made good business decisions to buy their premises years ago can now make more selling land than making products like boats....Metro Vancouver is losing a lot of long time great business's because of the real estate insanity...Close up and cash in. Good to see someone pickup the assets of Hourston, but, sad to see the name not attached to them....

Hi, I have acquired all of the Molds from the former Hourston Glascraft company and we are working to use those molds and designs to bring them back into production. They will be built under a new name and will be updated and improved. I will post as we progress with web development and we plan to build on a semi-custom basis with an online ordering platform. We will have each of the 5 models available with options such as hull colours, hard tops and power packages. We intend to move primarily to outboard power options but we will look at options for the larger boats. I'm happy to connect with anyone who has questions or comments and look forward to bringing back a west coast classic.

@RDale Very interesting, I was informed that the molds, with the exception of the smaller vessels, were sold to a China outfit?

Hi there,
New to forum, so I hope this is the right place for this,
In the market for a Hourston 26 Island Runner. Does any one know of any coming up?

Thanks,
Demi

PM sent :D

Back