Working on intro video

Fantastic! Excellent quality & composition on your shots. Was the waterfall the one in the exstew? Think I saw shots of Porcher and the Lawyer Islands also?

Hey, I'm working on an intro for my videos, just wondering what people think of it? Covers a lot of what I love about living in Prince Rupert with the ocean etc

You missed that opportunity for the whale splash on the beat drop. I think stuff like that makes all the difference in the world. Good start though.

Fantastic! Excellent quality & composition on your shots. Was the waterfall the one in the exstew? Think I saw shots of Porcher and the Lawyer Islands also?
Thank you, you are right on the waterfall and also the islands!

I’d add a take or a fishing Rod smash early, and one shot featuring your boat early. All beautiful shots, who is your ideal viewer/persona?

I’m avoiding an intro since some of the conventional wisdom is it doesn’t help with retention or watch time, but the setting may be more important for your ideal audience.

Love the editing and imagery, but trying to catch eyeballs is so hard and people have a miniscule attention span. I'd take the razor to it and cut to 30 sec max.

As with any project, you have answer the WHY before anything else. Why an intro at all? This leads to the WHO. Who are you looking to attract? Will existing subscribers like it, hate it or tolerate it? Will it help grab new viewers? Thinking about WHY will lead to many other considerations, but always circle back to the core question: why should I do this?

Once you have your Why, then you can move to WHAT. What content, what music, what length, and more. Always refer to the WHY, because what you do must fit with Why you're doing it.

Last of all, and easiest if you've followed the process, is the HOW. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out the details because the major framework is already defined by the Why and the What.

I’d add a take or a fishing Rod smash early, and one shot featuring your boat early. All beautiful shots, who is your ideal viewer/persona?

I’m avoiding an intro since some of the conventional wisdom is it doesn’t help with retention or watch time, but the setting may be more important for your ideal audience.
Those are great ideas! Thanks

Yeah i keep going back on forth about having an intro or not

Love the editing and imagery, but trying to catch eyeballs is so hard and people have a miniscule attention span. I'd take the razor to it and cut to 30 sec max.

As with any project, you have answer the WHY before anything else. Why an intro at all? This leads to the WHO. Who are you looking to attract? Will existing subscribers like it, hate it or tolerate it? Will it help grab new viewers? Thinking about WHY will lead to many other considerations, but always circle back to the core question: why should I do this?

Once you have your Why, then you can move to WHAT. What content, what music, what length, and more. Always refer to the WHY, because what you do must fit with Why you're doing it.

Last of all, and easiest if you've followed the process, is the HOW. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out the details because the major framework is already defined by the Why and the What.
Thank you, thats great info! I will definitely apply those principles to this and other projects moving forward!

Your content, footage and editing is really good. Agree that if you put this in the front of your videos it may be a bit long. Keep this video as a stand alone, it’s great, and edit a new one down to 20 seconds. 👍🏻

I agree with the above comments about keeping it short. It's beautifully shot, so I can understand why you'd want it, but honestly, I skip reoccurring intros on youtube if they're longer than a few seconds (which is really just a logo with a sonic signature). I tend to watch them on episodic TV (streaming platforms) if I like the music or I'm getting ready to sit down for 45min and the vibe requires an introduction (Last of Us, for example), but they're usually < 30s. For reference, I watch Fishing with Rod, Die Hard Fishing, Outdoor Chef Life, Rokkit Kit, Landshark, etc., and I appreciate it when they jump right into the content.

I agree with the above comments about keeping it short. It's beautifully shot, so I can understand why you'd want it, but honestly, I skip reoccurring intros on youtube if they're longer than a few seconds (which is really just a logo with a sonic signature). I tend to watch them on episodic TV (streaming platforms) if I like the music or I'm getting ready to sit down for 45min and the vibe requires an introduction (Last of Us, for example), but they're usually < 30s. For reference, I watch Fishing with Rod, Die Hard Fishing, Outdoor Chef Life, Rokkit Kit, Landshark, etc., and I appreciate it when they jump right into the content.
Thank you, I will check out those channels to get some ideas for mine!!!

Back