winter springs victoria

Seen Tailspin pulled up to sniffers at the Dog a couple days ago, so the itch may not be fishing related;)

Out around 9:00 and back by 14:00
Silver/red with tiger prawn squirt
Silver/red with bait
Purple/haze with kitchen sink
100-140ft 10ft off the bottom

Couldn't connect with any spring out there.
Trolled from Sooke to Sheringham Pt.
Great wheather with lotsa rollers but no fishies.....maybe next time

Happy New Year to You All :D

Cheers
vic

Was out today for a few hours. Westher was awesome until the SE blew up around 2:30. Landed an 8 pound spring on strip at Church at 125 feet. Saw a few fish caught around Church and Whirl Bay. Nice to have a few hours when there is no Gale Warning on JDF.

Going out tommorow.
What seems to work these days for hooking springs? Ummm....beside hooks:D

cheers
vic

Anything glow usually works good...
try a glo/green coyote on one side, and a Globelow hootchie
on the other. i never use bait in the winter.
Keep changing every 1/2 hour till you find one that works.

Fished Constance bank and the waterfront today for the first time in
over a month. Skunked !
We had 3 fish hit on the cricket squirt, but all got off.
Very nice day on the water, after a long run of windy weekends.

:)

Went out to Becher Bay today. Beautiful day, no fish though. Had set out our crab trap and someone else emptied it for us. I know this because I always attach a weight to the line to sink it and the weight was gone. Spoke to another fellow at the dock, he had two traps emptied as well (he uses bungi cords and they were missing). Won't set a trap there again.

Church Rock today. Gorgeous weather for a change.
2 in the boat. Nice fighters[^]
Silver/green Betsy with 3.5 green silver coyote

cheers
vic

Good day today. Two fish in the boat, a 10 and a 12. Lost a bigger stronger fish. Bombed all over the place. Got one on the outside of Fraser Island. Lost a good one at the Bedfords and landed a nice one at Christopher Point. Never marked any fish or any bait on the sounder all day but it didn't seem to matter. used bait, strip, hootchies and spoons. Only the bait and strip worked. What a treat not to be hanging on for dear life in big seas for a change.

Fished Constance today ,Great day on the water FINALLY got one 10 lbs . lost two to seals one 3-4 lbs bigger , had it beside the boat:(. Had two more hits as well . Tomic plug , j79 hootchy

quote:Originally posted by frayedknot

Fished Constance today ,Great day on the water FINALLY got one 10 lbs . lost two to seals one 3-4 lbs bigger , had it beside the boat:(. Had two more hits as well . Tomic plug , j79 hootchy

Were you out on the bank early Frayed ?

finally a nice day on sunday... got out fairly early to enjoy a bit of sunshine at the waterfront. we boated an 8 and a 6, lost two and missed one. the boat co-owner got his first ever salmon! and no seals to be seen... they were all at constance i guess... lucky us!

We were out on the water yesterday out front of Beacon Hill Park. Got two in the boat. Another boat beside us had two in the boat ... and this was all before noon.

Caught my first salmon and ate it that night.

Hoochies were the ticket.

Back