winter springs victoria

scott craven

Nice day on the water today, fished Clover point and got a nice 12lb
spring on a green/glo/blk coyote spoon fished deep at 150'
in 160' of water.

winterspring002.jpg

nice fish!

went out near the flag pole and Frazer Island yesterday for about an hour or two at around 16:30, got nothing. We were jigging though in 100 feet of water because I couldn't lower my kicker :(

might have worked if we trolled? probably not.

Not one other boat out there...

I found a killer spoon, not sure what it's called but it looks like
a cop car with a glo white & green stripe.
I fished it with a purple haze flasher and all the bites came on that combo. You can see it here :

IMG_1314.jpg

Hey r.s.: Very nice catch.:D Kind of looks like a 5" Coyote? Haven't seen that colour combo before, but interesting. What's the story on it as far as you can tell?;) eman

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

Hey r.s.: Very nice catch.:D Kind of looks like a 5" Coyote? Haven't seen that colour combo before, but interesting. What's the story on it as far as you can tell?;) eman

It's a 3.5" coyote, that i know [8D]

Is that an oldy from the states, or one of the offshore spoons? I didn't notice a spinner on the tail? eman

Do you guys {Hatcheries} fin clip your fish? I didn't notice any adipose fins in the pics. I know quite a few Columbia River fish are adipose fin clipped and think possibly they rear and grow in your waters. Either way nice fish and way to go.

Nice looking fish !

I just bought one of those spoons three weeks back at either Cnd Tire or WallMart

At first fishing was getting in the way of yard work, now the yard work is getting in the way of fishing !

KoneZone - ya we do clip our fish - I friend of mine has worked at a few hatcheries and said they clip about 1 in 10 - so most of the time you wouldn't even know you caught a hatch fish

Is that an oldy from the states, or one of the offshore spoons? I didn't notice a spinner on the tail? eman

It's a u.s. made spoon, the name is "glo kitchen sink"
i cut the spinner's off.

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

It's a 4.0" coyote, that i know [8D]

Fished Oak Bay Flats for a couple of hours late this afternoon. Picked up a Halibut while trolling for Winter Springs. Just a Chicken but a nice surprise.

Back