Why I'm not on the water yet!

Getting the interior in order this evening. Fixed a crack in one of the airride seat bases. Cleaned up all under the floor boards. Installed a new VHF radio with external MIC.

I had West Coast Chrome repack and seal the hydraulic steering ram. Hooked it back up and bled the lines and topped up with fluid. Just have that nasty fuel bill tomorrow that I'm not looking forward to. 105 US gal's:eek:. I want to fill it and just top up during the season to cut down on the condensation.

Dumping her in tomorrow at Brechin for sea trials and if everything is a go with pull her out and head straight to the Westcoast for some Sunday bloody Sunday fishing:p.

Went to dump her in on Sunday and the trailer lights were on the fritz.

Got the trailer lights working. Took her out for a spin tonight. Everything electrically works perfectly now. The downriggers work great. The rear sounder is working great. The VHF is working great. The kicker is usually quite stuborn when cold and took a bit to get going but once warmed up worked just great. The non skid is awesome and the LED's are very cool. The halogens sure are bright when it's dark out and are a great addition to her IMO.

The main engine different story. The charging alarm is still coming on (I had this problem last year) but it is charging. Also there is something with the vapor lock sensor and some surging when accelerating. I started with an empty tank and just filled it up tonight. There is a brand new Racor filter and all the filters on the engine where checked and changed etc.

Going to tinker with it tomorrow and take her back out after work. Got to get this thing running like a clock by Thursday afternoon for our big trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck Sculpin, im sure you'll get 'er, cant even imagine the feeling when you finally boat that first westcoast fish, have fun man...probably be more relief than joy,lol...:cool:.holmes*

Thanks holmes I need some luck right now. Budget is blown now on this refit and I don't want to have to pay a mechanic to look at the main but may have to. I heard about this charging alarm problem from other Honda owners. Some just tape cotton balls over the alarm and others say you have to get the computer reset to turn it off. Who knows?

The fuel problem or vapour lock thing is a mystery as well because I'm starting everything off fresh. Drained lines, new filters, new fuel, etc.

Tonight driving in from Departure Bay in the dusk on the kicker looking back at the moon glowing in the prop wash dreaming about having both lines down and hitting fish big time.........

I think it will be a bit of both lol:D.

One of the thermastats was shot. Replacing both of them. Dropping the lower unit to check the impeller. I checked it last year but you never know........

Oh so close. That Honda Power store is going to rape me tomorrow I just know it:rolleyes:.

Well I love it when I'm stupid and the fixes are easy
icon_biggrin.gif
! Was the overheating alarm going off. Replaced the t stats and the impeller. Washed it out good with saltaway. Ran some seafoam in a small about of gas through her and sounds really good now with smooth throttling and zero hick ups or hesitation.

The charging alarm was going off as it should because the 150 amp fuse was blown. Changed it out and everything is working as it should.

Taking her for another run after work and then heading out to the WCVI tomorrow morning for a bit of a long "overdue" weekend.​

LOL when all else fails read the msg on the alarm system. Bin dere dun dat seenit.

Ran like a top tonight. Back in the game. LET'S GO FISHING!

On the water shot of the cabinet.

IMG_1390.jpg

A happy and relieved captain.

IMG_1389.jpg

Thanks for following my thread. It was embarrassing at first, then fun, a bit nerve racking at times, but ulimately rewarding in the end.

I will be posting up fishing reports from now on.

Cheers
John

Nice Boat!!!, you did a great job,
now go enjoy
Tim

Nice Boat!!!, you did a great job,
now go enjoy
Tim

Thanks Tim. Towing her up to Salmon Beach tomorrow morning for a long "overdue" weekend of fishing. The weather looks great, seas look good, and the fishing is hot:D.

Back