Where to stay in Bamfield?

Effingham...
anete4u8.jpg

I couldn't find pictures or descriptions of the bunkhouse accommodations at Poett Nook. Can anyone describe them to me?
Thanks!

We stayed there last summer. Really basic but warm and dry. Our room had two bunk beds (sleeps four) and a bar fridge. Bring a sleeping bag and pillow, towel, etc. The shared kitchen has a fridge, stove, sink, cutlery and dishes. There's a big dining table inside and a picnic table and barbecue outside. Washroom facilities at the bunkhouse are limited to an outhouse toilet. For nice washrooms and showers just hike up the hill.

Mills Landing is my choice when staying in Bamfield .... Jerry and Diane are great at making you feel welcome.

Ditto. Cabins super clean and well maintained, dock facility top notch, Jerry and Diane are super nice people.

I don't know how many belly busting laughs I've had by that fire pit there when swilling beer with Osama either but... they've been numerous.

Have stayed at Mills for the last 3 years. Diane and Jerry are the best, nice accomodations and having the commercial vacuum sealer and freezer is great for taking care of your catch. Jeff is great in helping you with fishing reports :) You will not regret staying there.

Have stayed at Mills for the last 3 years. Diane and Jerry are the best, nice accomodations and having the commercial vacuum sealer and freezer is great for taking care of your catch. Jeff is great in helping you with fishing reports :) You will not regret staying there.

I'm not all that familiar with the layout of Bamfield - are there any commercial eating places nearby? Or is it strictly a BYO Food situation?

grocery store ,food, liqor,shmokes on the west side "all west side is boat access only" called mills peninsula. a burger place opens in the buzier months./// east side , restaurant, groceries, breakers marine shop, pub.. and rocky point charters!!

Effingham...
anete4u8.jpg

slept on the hook here a few times ,
alot of the largerish boats varieties in this bay.... , caution , the winds can pick up here from the northwest ,
my hook let go last summer , we were still on the back deck , no harm , but we did pull out and
tucked into the Broken Group a little inshore , where we felt safe , some pretty surreal bays ta sleep in
best sleeps ever , not ta mention a couple of high octane Caesars watchin the sun drop..

fd

Mills Landing was by far the greatest!!! my family members go to bamfield every year, that's the only place they stay! excellent service!!!

Back