Sunset Marina to Pender Harbour

LKFishing

Looking to spend a weekend on the sunshine coast with the boat this weekend. The weather doesn't look too bad on windy at this point but it is a ways out yet.

I would like to stay somewhere with a dock nearby if possible to avoid needing a vehicle while there. I have looked at painted boat resort as an option but I am open to suggestions.

How long does the run from sunset marina(vancouver) to Pender harbour take? My boat is a 30' aluminum with twin 300hp.

Thanks in advance...

bucaneer bay on thormanby, great beach easy anchoring and secret cove is a 5min cruise away. There’s a restaurant at the marina, showers, beer&wine fishing tackle some groceries fuel etc. travel time from sunset approximately 1hr depending on your speed.

Last edited:
bucaneer bay on thormanby, great beach easy anchoring and secret cove is a 5min cruise away. There’s a restaurant at the marina, showers, beer&wine fishing tackle some groceries fuel etc. travel time from sunset approximately 1hr depending on your speed.
The little side cove off Buccaneer Bay is called Water Bay. There's a private marina in there that provides traffic during the day, but it's very well protected from both SE and NW systems. Bottom is 25-35 ft, anchor on the S side of the marina to keep a clear path for water taxi and loading zone traffic on the N side.

The little side cove off Buccaneer Bay is called Water Bay. There's a private marina in there that provides traffic during the day, but it's very well protected from both SE and NW systems. Bottom is 25-35 ft, anchor on the S side of the marina to keep a clear path for water taxi and loading zone traffic on the N side.
Don’t really see the need to anchor in there? In a nw just tuck in behind surrey islets.

Excellent dining at Painted Boat's Lagoon restaurant.

No, we never had time for a second restaurant outing. Lots of family dinners at the cabin with all that fresh seafood!

Saw Jimmy’s boat out front of the Upper Deck at n the spring. It left with one of the tie up supports impaled through his side window. As per the car lot procedure of letting the bottom two sellers go I’m sure someone bit it for that one.
They didn’t stick around for breakfast.
IMG_4743.jpegIMG_4744.jpegIMG_4745.jpeg

Thanks for all of the responses! We are going to stay at Pender harbor area for a couple of nights. Hopefully there are still a few Chinook still cruising around up there.

Back