Whats your thoughts on Adams Soxs

sir-vivor

So what u guys think, will we be having a opening in area 29 , for the Adam's Sockeye next August 2022 .

I'm thinking WE WILL

At best, next year will be the same as this year in that area. So, maybe an opening in September is all we may get.

At best, next year will be the same as this year in that area. So, maybe an opening in September is all we may get.
But if it's just "no fishing for chinook" then what's the problem?

The problem is that we have some anxious friends up the river with their nets that don’t want anyone to touch “their fish”.
like in all the prior mega Adams Run (regarding the Adams mega run last one 2018) all of us shared in the fish even the seiners were sent out to mop it up. I'm just saying if its another mega run maybe they'll open it to us early in August 2022. The Jun Chinooks will be gone by then. Hope so its going to be the last one for me ..... MEXICO BOUND IN 2024, Had enough of this political **** here !!!

There are reasons to be optimistic but if i remember correctly the run was over harvested by a large margin in 2018. 10 million returned, only 4 million estimated to spawn. That does not account for illegal or underreported catch. Some have reported that illegal take in big years can be up to a million fish. The late summers in particular the Adams run got totally wacked.

So your talking 3-4 million spawners, if they return at par like has been happening it would be 3-4 million return. If they double and that's certainly possible 8 million return. If they have poor survival also possible were talking less then 4 million fish that would be FNs only.

Because DFO did not manage correctly in 2018 there is a real risk we could see a total collapse.

1637782822342.png

Last edited:
Im just thinking if we are going to see a late July , Aug , Sept opening of Areas 29 in front of the south arm again, our best chance might just be for the Socks in 2022, which will include the White Chinooks ! Fingers and toes crossed !! If not time to move !

Im just thinking if we are going to see a late July , Aug , Sept opening of Areas 29 in front of the south arm again, our best chance might just be for the Socks in 2022, which will include the White Chinooks ! Fingers and toes crossed !!

The fraser salmon management council (First Nations) will provide advice about how its all managed.

The fraser salmon management council (First Nations) will provide advice about how its all managed.
last time I looked we still have a Minister responsible for fisheries in Canada so ultimately the buck stops there regardless of those groups who figure they run it (irregardless of influences or not, maybe the rest of us have to just get more peacefully active , but thats for another thread ).

Any new news on the Adam's run potential Sockeye opening in Area 29
I know its early but anything ???

My thoughts on Fraser Socks is darn they sure taste great.:cool:. Here's hoping for FSC and Recreational opportunities....oops can't leave out Commercial guys too.
Best eating salmon out there, fishing for them out of renny is so much fun, find the school drop your gear on top of there heads and game over under an hr

89C46EC7-1730-40DE-B42C-C627137749ED.jpeg
i think family days, on the Fraser, fishing for them, are gone forever. Really sad. Glad we had the opportunity.
Due to the biased chinook allocations, our area 29 August fishery is gone too. Therefore the sockeye fishery won’t ever happen either. If you want Sockeye? Then Port Alberni is the only option.

Sorry to be downer but I just dont think any Fraser Sockeye will happen. Not with the political climate right now. Just my view.

I would be extremely surprised.

there is going to be a lot of pressure for an opening so we would have to see a complete collapse for an opening not to happen. I give about a 75% chance of an opening.

They are planning for a harvest to happen

Back