What's for dinner tonight ?

I do scrape carcasses. Lots of good meat there. However, grilling the spine is a new one to me. Looks great.
Yeah I really like the collar, bones, belly and all of that either grilled or fried hard in a pan. Can't overcook it. I usually only do that in the winter though when I'm catching one fish and want to enjoy all the freshness of it. Tough to find room for all of that when you're catching several fish on a summer trip.

So the l
What's in the queso? Recipe?
so queso is the opposite of healthy. You have to use velveeta cheese to make it all bond together. And cheddar and pepper Jack cheese, A can of cream of mushroom soup, jalapeños, taco seasoned ground beef, cream, a can of rotelle, and then it all kind of melts together in the smoker for a couple hours. It’s really decadent and tasty but it’s basically fat and salt

So the l

so queso is the opposite of healthy. You have to use velveeta cheese to make it all bond together. And cheddar and pepper Jack cheese, A can of cream of mushroom soup, jalapeños, taco seasoned ground beef, cream, a can of rotelle, and then it all kind of melts together in the smoker for a couple hours. It’s really decadent and tasty but it’s basically fat and salt
So am I, basically.

The Bradley is getting a workout today. I just finished cold smoking the centre cuts from a 25 lb fish I caught in Renfrew last week, and now the ribs are going in for dinner guests tonight. I think we might be having some smoked salmon appies to start!
D06A9BBD-0553-46AC-9DFD-B6E35D17D30E.jpeg

Not salmon....unfortunately
Wow did that sound salty and bitter..

The Bradley is getting a workout today. I just finished cold smoking the centre cuts from a 25 lb fish I caught in Renfrew last week, and now the ribs are going in for dinner guests tonight. I think we might be having some smoked salmon appies to start!
View attachment 83355
How do you cold smoke this time of year? I usually wait until Oct for lower outside temps.. I use a Bradley. That fish looks amazing!

How do you cold smoke this time of year? I usually wait until Oct for lower outside temps.. I use a Bradley. That fish looks amazing!
I start at 6 AM on the shady side of the house. I don’t use the Bradley smoke generator, I use this.It takes pellets and doesn’t give off much heat. Even so, I fill a bowl with ice cubes and put it in the box and I crack the door as well. All of the above keep the temp at about 75 or 80 F. As you say, It is easier to cold smoke in the fall but I ate my last piece of last year’s cold smoke about 3 weeks ago so I was desperate!
1660184423936.jpeg

The corned beef off the brisket......! and the wife made a years supply of spinach n artichoke dip , freezes well as it is served heated. :)

Attachments

• 20220807_144446.jpg
    20220807_144446.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220817_141402.jpg
    20220817_141402.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220817_141427.jpg
    20220817_141427.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 29
Back