What's for dinner tonight ?

Sarmale ( Romanian cabbage rolls ) with smoked Turkey legs. Along with a chilled glass of Guava Grapefruit juice.

52192336840_eae8b23c77_c.jpg

52192336685_af878aaeab_c.jpg

Now that you mentioned it i figured i'd take a look at the Ooni line again, never really liked the older models they weren't that great, wow the new ones are some what better now then the Roccbox, i think you’ve changed my mind on what to get, the Ooni Koda is a great unit with a 16" wide opening as roccbox is only 12"

Curious, did you purchase the Ooni 16” and do you like?

Big prawn fan here. Oysters not so much. I always wished i could get behind them. Small ones breaded and pan fried are delicious but I just never liked the texture of the big slimy ones.

Just have to learn how to deal with them properly.
I have converted many a "hater" with that recipe.

Cheers

I simmered the head, frame and belly meat of a 50lb hali to make fish broth.
Rather than toss what was left, picked the meat from the bones, cartilage and skin and made some fish balls.
Not the gooey asian style, but more of a fritter. Eggs, panko, a bit of mashed potatoes, green onion, salt and pepper and 2-3 lbs of hali bits. Froze about 40 golf sizeballs.
Deep fried the first batch and went with a sweet and sour plus a veg stir fry.
Yellow zuch, peas, onions, garlic and broccoli are from the garden.
You could thaw more, then squish them in the pan for a fishcake with a different sauce.
I can only get offshore when the weather cooperates in my boat,so thought I would minimize waste.

haliballs.jpgIMG_20220711_181206859.jpg

I simmered the head, frame and belly meat of a 50lb hali to make fish broth.
Rather than toss what was left, picked the meat from the bones, cartilage and skin and made some fish balls.
Not the gooey asian style, but more of a fritter. Eggs, panko, a bit of mashed potatoes, green onion, salt and pepper and 2-3 lbs of hali bits. Froze about 40 golf sizeballs.
Deep fried the first batch and went with a sweet and sour plus a veg stir fry.
Yellow zuch, peas, onions, garlic and broccoli are from the garden.
You could thaw more, then squish them in the pan for a fishcake with a different sauce.
I can only get offshore when the weather cooperates in my boat,so thought I would minimize waste.

View attachment 82172View attachment 82173
Looks and sounds incredible

Back