What's for dinner tonight ?

Due to the kindness of one of my hunting & fishing Buddies, left over lamb simply had to wait!

Fresh out of the water spring salmon, prawns & clams!

dqJwZpy.jpg

1kW72zL.jpg

Delicious!!
Nog

Nog, this looks awesome. I wish I had your kind of problems; lamb sitting in the fridge and fresh seafood on the dinner plate. :D;)
BTW, do you use the leftover clam broth for soups?

Nog, this looks awesome. I wish I had your kind of problems; lamb sitting in the fridge and fresh seafood on the dinner plate. :D;)
BTW, do you use the leftover clam broth for soups?

Yeah... First world problems alright!
Smoked Oysters tonight, then back to the lamb tomorrow methinks.

Yes, we save the broth for seafood chowder.
Turns out rather fine.

Cheers,
Nog

Got 3/4's of the way into getting the lamb shanks done yesterday, and the phone rings:
Hey Buddy, come out front please...
Roger.

One of my Buddies had a whack of clams, a few crabs, and some oysters just pulled fresh from the water.
Happy Birthday he grinned!
Awesome!
Quick chat, then back inside.

Had to clean and blanch the crabs, putting the shanks off for a little longer than I really desired.
BUT, they turned out just fine!

gXCjhKx.jpg

My Birthday present was the new BarBee we collected recently, so I did not expect anything else.
But my Lady surprised me with the rotisserie designed exactly for that BarBee, and a couple new sets of merino wool socks.
Love that Gal!

Tonight we'll dive into the seafood methinks...

Cheers,
Nog

Got 3/4's of the way into getting the lamb shanks done yesterday, and the phone rings:
Roger.

One of my Buddies had a whack of clams, a few crabs, and some oysters just pulled fresh from the water.
Awesome!

Had to clean and blanch the crabs, putting the shanks off for a little longer than I really desired.

gXCjhKx.jpg

My Birthday present was the new BarBee we collected recently, so I did not expect anything else.
But my Lady surprised me with the rotisserie designed exactly for that BarBee, and a couple new sets of merino wool socks.
Love that Gal!

Cheers,
Nog

Happy Belated Nog!!!

My experience with lamb shanks is they're only too happy to braise a bit longer ;)

Roger.

Awesome!

gXCjhKx.jpg

Love that Gal!

Cheers,
Nog
What yah know we share birthdays.

The Missuz got me a made to spec rotisserie for the new BarBee on the occasion of my celebrating another year wiser day recently.

So, it was time to install and check it out:

nNt9R78.jpg

Yep. Fits as if it was made for it.

Then dug one of the oversized Cornish Game Hens a Buddy raises out, prep, plug & play. Sure does a superb job!

y62M5wS.jpg

lAoondP.jpg

Skin turned out nice & crispy, while the inside was very tender, juicy and flavorful!

Accompanied by a select pasta, a fresh garden salad with Avo's, and a fine Merlot:

zq115uE.jpg

I do believe this contraption is going to get quite the workout down the road!

Cheers,
Nog

Yes we get a tone of use out of our rotisserie, birds, roasts ribs in a basket. My bbq has the rear burner and they are so handy for the rotisserie, you never have to worry about flare ups they do such a nice job. But you do have to watch the next time you fire up the grill as all that grease is sitting there so when you fire up the burners it gives quite the flare up until it burns off.

My favourite was free bowling (and rootbeer from the coldwater bath pop cooler) at the Chemainus Bowling Alley that Gran and Gramps once owned.
Sounds awesome. I forwarded that video to my family chat and we're all crying now. She talks just like all my grandparents. It's a language that is forever lost. All the italians in italy can speak english now. That generation was hard core.

Back