What's for dinner tonight ?

Caramelized Teriyaki Tuna (just so warm in the center), Magnum Prawns, Basmati and Avo:

luk2TQ0.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration ab1742!

Cheers,
Nog

Hey Nog, that looks fantastic, I honestly never thought about teriyaki tuna but soon as I'm back home from the Coast, I will be hitting up the neighbor for another hunk of his 899 remaining lbs of albacore to give this a crack!

Alberta AAA Prime Rib Roasts on sale at our local shop.
So, collected five of them and cut into steaks for future reference:

cg717gs.jpg

Of course one had to be tested for quality control efforts:

4YVkU1U.jpg

Stuffed Taters and fresh corn to accompany:

QSXvKrH.jpg

And yeah, these "steaks" are so huge that half of one literally covers half a dinner plate!
Melt in your mouth tender, super moist, and a very enjoyable flavor!
Yep! Another Winner!
sHa_shakeshout.gif

Thanks Alberta!!
Nog

Alberta AAA Prime Rib Roasts on sale at our local shop.
So, collected five of them and cut into steaks for future reference:

cg717gs.jpg

Of course one had to be tested for quality control efforts:

4YVkU1U.jpg

Stuffed Taters and fresh corn to accompany:

QSXvKrH.jpg

And yeah, these "steaks" are so huge that half of one literally covers half a dinner plate!
Melt in your mouth tender, super moist, and a very enjoyable flavor!
Yep! Another Winner!
sHa_shakeshout.gif

Thanks Alberta!!
Nog
Thanks for the heads up on the roasts :), Worthy of the well seasoned grill !!

Time to enjoy the fruits of my labour... it’s not easy putting delicious FRESH HALIBUT on the table.

First, I had to lay 15 square feet of hardwood to make money. Then I had drive all the way to thrifty’s to tell the seafood monger how bad I am at catching halibut, all the while lying to him telling him salmon and crab are easy for me.

then drive all the way back home. Now here we are. Fresh halibut fingers fried in Panko Breading. This was so effing good. Looks Burnt in the pic but it wasn’t E2B407BA-DCD9-402B-A419-2AAF39D94082.jpeg

Last edited:
Got some strip loin from our local butcher and decided to put it on the grill last night. Homemade rub and bit of fresh garlic for about one hour in room temperature and then off it went on the brbee. Grilled to the rare side of medium rare and served with steamed vegies, sauteed mushrooms and hand-cut Cajun fries (11 YO son took care of that!)
1617386863269.png

1617386907288.png

Last edited:
Got some strip loin from our local butcher and decided to put it on the grill last night. Homemade rub and bit of fresh garlic for about one hour in room temperature and then off it went on the brbee. Grilled to the rare side of medium rare and served with steamed vegies, sauteed mushrooms and hand-cut Cajun fries (11 YO son took care of that!)
View attachment 63920

View attachment 63921
That's a perfect doneness for me. Gives the meat a chance to render a little. This shaming for not cooking it to blue thing is annoying.

That's a perfect doneness for me. Gives the meat a chance to render a little. This shaming for not cooking it to blue thing is annoying.
I don’t eat raw food, I don’t care what it is.

Easter calls for Lamb at this Hacienda.
So, prepped a fine free range / farmed & well marbled Leg of Lamb for the occasion:

k3tDmj4.jpg

Dumped it into the roaster along with a good shot of my own garlic and a few onions, then smothered the lot with an excellent Greek marinade:

0J3W8sE.jpg

Somewhere along the way I remembered to toss in a few spuds to roast with it:

Y5YWeEq.jpg

Turned out incredibly tender & juicy!

3cScwab.jpg

Served with a fresh garden salad with Greek Dressing and chunks of Feta, and of course an excellent Shiraz:

A0aRTy8.jpg

Happy Easter to ALL!

Cheers,
Nog

PS: Leftovers will have to wait a little. My Buddy dropped off 1/2 a winter spring, a baker's dozen of oysters, bag of prawns, and around 10 pounds or so of clams all fresh out of the water. Have to process some of that for the freezer, and of course subject the balance to a proper taste test...

Back