What size Hawaiian snaps?

Sea lyin’

What size of these type of snaps areyou using?

Attachments

• DD21B0E9-533F-4F78-839D-DFF97E73686C.jpeg
    DD21B0E9-533F-4F78-839D-DFF97E73686C.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 49
Yeah, thanks. I’ve got the hands of a boxer so no worries there.

Both work well but I find the Hawaiian snaps can be a pita if it's cold. Even boxers get cold fingers haha...if I had to guess if say most of those I'm using are 1". They're way overkill for our chinook fishing I figure and like the ones RC is flashing, way quicker to attach and remove too.

What’s the preferred size of this style? Do you find that stuff In the water catches on the tag ends of the wire they’re made of?

mine-80lb, easier to use on fingers...use em for hali and salmon. great for main line sliding weights when bottom fishing.
Does Gibbs sell the 80lb or do you order them elsewhere? I'm not actually even sure which I have now. And obviously I don't care about whether they're Gibbs or not, I just remember picking up some Gibbs ones.

I’ve been doing my hootchies the way shown in the pic for quite a while. I use size 4 snap which is about an inch. Mostly out of belief they’re a little less likely to foul up? Maybe I’m wrong but it’s what works for me. Barbed hook shown in the pic but it’s not mine. I just used it to show how I set mine up.

Attachments

• 5826F541-18F1-4E96-A40E-16FDA7D2E0E7.jpeg
    5826F541-18F1-4E96-A40E-16FDA7D2E0E7.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 179
I somehow threaded my thumb knuckle onto one of the Hawaiian snaps when landing a fish. Bled pretty good.

I still use them, but have found they open at inopportune times. Better for those constant drag scenarios.

I stopped using those and my fingers thanked me.
Aha so it's not just me! I felt secret shame and embarrassment at my clumsiness when fishing with others who use these supposedly quick-change snaps. Now thanks to the support of the group I can begin to heal and one day become the warrior man that lives within all of us.

Does Gibbs sell the 80lb or do you order them elsewhere? I'm not actually even sure which I have now. And obviously I don't care about whether they're Gibbs or not, I just remember picking up some Gibbs ones.
i dont know the brand, pnt packages them in bulk, i buy a couple hundred every year.
i do end up with a custom groove in my thumbnail from using them.

Back