What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I originally started with a tarp this fall but it was gong show in the wind and rain. So ordered a Budge cover off Amazon.ca and put it on last week, ordered the 24 to 26 foot cover although the boat is 22 feet. I wanted it to cover the motors.

Attachments

• A5C07B2D-D133-4E9C-BA45-4D340204152E.jpeg
    A5C07B2D-D133-4E9C-BA45-4D340204152E.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 58
  • F5DFD16C-179A-414E-AA51-99DB4E424102.jpeg
    F5DFD16C-179A-414E-AA51-99DB4E424102.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 59
Installed an EPIRB. It’s been on the list of things to add for a while, but the catalyst to get it done was when the Shockwave seats were added this spring. Some modifications were required to get the seat exactly how I wanted, which meant removing the fire extinguisher (fortunately this one was redundant) and insert which held it.

Made a new insert out of starboard to fill the space and made it waterproof. It looked like it was going to be close to fit the EPIRB in there, but fortunately it mounted perfect with just a whisker to spare on each side.

8EFF95C1-E26E-4BEA-A9C8-7C49E0F8DB9B.jpegC8733D62-8293-47CC-9F59-7701EB8D34CA.jpeg

I took delivery of a minor but much-awaited item: zap straps with radius on the head for securing low pressure hoses on outboards. They'll probably sit there until ski season is over.

I gave her a bath just to let her know I was thinking about her.

Then I mounted my dual rocket launchers snd figured out an issue with my downrigger cover/counter and fixed it. It’s ready to go!

Also put a deposit down on new power!!!

C808912B-2B57-44A7-98CC-446BF05F547A.jpeg

Last edited:
Added some colour today. Should look pretty sweet sitting in the water and pulling out from the docks in the early morning.

50836697292_e6616051d1_k.jpg

50836613271_bdf946544e_k.jpg

Got my windshield wipers going - looks like their ground wires went MIA during a large re-fit. The original install also used crimps on the 2 12 volt input wires from the motor; these are solid wire & one was failed & the other one was loose (shouldn't use crimps on solid wire). Used these butt connectors from amazon to splice a single stranded wire to the top solid wires; work very nice:

The silver band in the middle is solder that flows into the wires when heated. I used a heat gun set at 800 degrees F

Put in a new Tempress seat w/pedestal in place of sleeper seat.Moved my kicker to the port side w/new mounting pad.Made a mold and fiberglassed it for new fish box under center hatch.Ordered new aluminum trim for transom/deck joint,it was corroding.I'll have to rent a cherry picker to lift the main motor while I fasten the new trim.

^ go to rental centre and rent a Genie lift. Easy to load into your truck. Just make sure you choose one with a boom long enough to clear your cowling.

Learned that storing a boat close to shop exhaust fan is not good idea when you grind metal. Rust all over boat. Yep huge surprise... Spent day yesterday with FSR and cleaned it all up. Derby stopped with a few things... ;)

Radar installation, and elex upgrades install next few weeks. Hardly wait.

Last edited:
Oooh shiny! What wizardry is this??
Lol just some LED lighting. One under each gunnel and the the drain plug light. Went in nice didn’t have to drill any holes in the boat, was able to attach the lights under the gunnel to the HDPE board I have under my gunnels. Hard wired it all in, took a bit as everything has to be neat and shrink sleeved all connections.

Back