What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

swapped the 60 for a 115! Had Sherwood do the swap and then rigged it this afternoon myself. It fired right up!
Question, it fired up and ran but.... did not cool (no pee stream) I thought maybe it needed to warm up but even after 5 mins or so nothing, so I shut it off. Any input is greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Question, it fired up and ran but.... did not cool (no pee stream) I thought maybe it needed to warm up but even after 5 mins or so nothing, so I shut it off. Any input is greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Before you bought it did you do a test fire up? If not, had it been sitting for a while? Impeller sounds like it is non functioning, or the line is blocked somewhere.

if the engine has not be run for a while, one easy check is the pee hole exit for mason bee mud. Every spring i fire my motors up and usually they don't pee until i remove the mason bee mud, then all is well. good luck. DAJ

Before you bought it did you do a test fire up? If not, had it been sitting for a while? Impeller sounds like it is non functioning, or the line is blocked somewhere.
Impeller was replaced in December in the shop before it went up for sale. It’s been sitting on a outboard pallet ever since. I might try flushing it through the upper port to see if it clears up.

Impeller was replaced in December in the shop before it went up for sale. It’s been sitting on a outboard pallet ever since. I might try flushing it through the upper port to see if it clears up.
I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but this would lead me to believe that Sherwood didn’t even fire the motor they sold you? Or did you bring the motor to just have them hang it?

In
I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but this would lead me to believe that Sherwood didn’t even fire the motor they sold you? Or did you bring the motor to just have them hang it?
dont jump to conclusions, they did NOT sell me the engine. I bought it elsewhere from a reputable dealer and they’ll stand behind it if there’s an issue. I don’t think I need to go down that road (yet). The engine was fully serviced in December and removed from the previous boat and stored.

it started right up as if it’d been running earlier in the day too.
im guessing it’s just blocked. Tomorrow I’ll investigate the issue more.

Installed an exhaust temperature alarm. Often the engine overheat alarm goes off too late, after some damage has been done. The exhaust temperature rises quickly if there is a cooling issue, giving early warning with the alarm before the engine heats up too much.

Put in a new Tempress seat w/pedestal in place of sleeper seat.Moved my kicker to the port side w/new mounting pad.Made a mold and fiberglassed it for new fish box under center hatch.Ordered new aluminum trim for transom/deck joint,it was corroding.I'll have to rent a cherry picker to lift the main motor while I fasten the new trim.
I have one you can borrow Ray......but I think there is a gantry in one of the bays in the shop in the compound. That would be even easier

air works too for blasting out crud from the pisser. quick blast up the pisser! lol

This weekend I replaced the bilge pump, finished hooking up the hydraulic steering, installed Yamaha VTS at helm, and started tackling the wiring chaos- went the add a battery route with ACR. New main wires between batteries/switch/ACR and adding a proper Nlue seas fuse block. Does anybody know what this is? Most of the wires running to switch panel (manual bilge, nav lights, etc) run into this... it doesn’t seem to pull apart (although I didn’t try that hard)

Attachments

• D9657568-0A32-4B8E-85E4-ECD31F1E7BED.jpeg
    D9657568-0A32-4B8E-85E4-ECD31F1E7BED.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 86
Interconnected the Raymarine autopilot with the Panther steering system on my kicker. Trolling made easy

Back