We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Clint r

Copied from castanets news service:

Great white off Wash. coast
Photo: Thinkstock.com
Carmen Weld - Feb 26 11:10 am
Residents of Ocean Shores Washington are on the lookout, as a 18-foot great white shark is believed to be lurking in the waters off Washington state.
The Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife issued the warning Tuesday after the remains of a seal were found on a beach.
According to Q13 FOX, the female seal was found on the beach last week, bitten in half.
Department spokesman Craig Bastlett tells Q13 it was a clean bite right below the rib cage and that the other half of the body was missing.
After a necropsy, experts determined the bite was from a 18-foot great white shark.
Warnings have not been posted on the beaches, and experts say locals are still allowed in the water, as attacks on humans are rare.

Lots of sharks off shore. Over the years I have had a few chinooks bit in half...large teeth marks, clearly sharks. Don't know what garden variety shark, don't want to hang around to find out either. GW's are not unheard of on WCVI, thankfully I have never encountered one and hope I never do. This season's warmer water will bring some interesting wild life our way.

Usually blue sharks and salmon sharks. Encountered a salmon shark that was about 7 long. Definitely very unnerving..............

Well I for one welcome our new great white overlords! Maybe they can thin out our seal population a bit since our resident orcas seems to be stuffy sushi eaters!

Usually blue sharks and salmon sharks. Encountered a salmon shark that was about 7 long. Definitely very unnerving..............

Sounds like..... finaddict2 is gonna need to be bigger?

Put on your BIG BOY diving gear/fishing gear and suck it up!!!

Thank the lord you have a new GoPro for Xmas to document Sharks taking you off the addict.

Love ya buddy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like..... finaddict2 is gonna need to be bigger?

Put on your BIG BOY diving gear/fishing gear and suck it up!!!

Thank the lord you have a new GoPro for Xmas to document Sharks taking you off the addict.

Love ya buddy!!!
Yeah that is just what I want to do with a gopro.....video my own "death by shark consumption" hehhehheh

I bet the vid would go viral! ;) (please wear a gps tracking device) :p
To track the shark as it slowly meandered back south looking for its next meal rubbery coated seal. But if it went viral, well hell, it might be worth it. I would finally have my 15 seconds of fame............

Back