Wanted : Mooching / Trolling rods

Sorry guys I realized now that I had written HMX in my original post. I edited it. It's MHX. Wicked blanks. All eglass. Thick butt section. I realize that I'll be going down a notch but sounds like between the r3ef and the legacy I should find workhorse rods for the boats. Thanks for all the good input

They looks pretty graphity

Me and graphite rods don't mix well. May as well just buy them, huck them straight in the garbage and eliminate the middle man

From centre of islander to but is 12” carbon part is 9”
Thanks @bryce

Butt section looks like it's the same as what we've been working with. Might be a go, however looks like they have insert eyelets. The right price I guess might not matter. When those things get dinged their done. I had one like that one time that kept snapping line off. Tiny sharp edge where it was bent. One piecers just keep rolling on.

Talking with the Rapala guys at tradex soon. They rep the Lure Jensen. See what shakes down.

I have 2 of these trophy’s and really like them. Wasn’t crazy about the foam at first but now I think I prefer it more seems to hold up better than cork if your hard on equipment. https://harbourchandler.ca/trophy-xl-qr-series-106-medium/ I don’t think they’re insert guides but the rods are down at the boat can look this weekend.
I just picked up one of these to try out bucktailing. Very nice feel to them paired with a big sage fly reel. Will need to get used to the carbon fiber lower though. This is a screen shot of a video of a bite that I missed. If you wanna see the video, it’s on my instagram page here. 5E680A58-F6EE-4C39-9534-E6BE34331B49.jpeg

pretty sure they’re all stainless eyes? it checks most of the boxes with the exception of the reel seat. I put a couple wraps of black electrical tape on the nut and threads just to be safe. happy with mine.

pretty sure they’re all stainless eyes? it checks most of the boxes with the exception of the reel seat. I put a couple wraps of black electrical tape on the nut and threads just to be safe.
I'd be god-damned if I spent that kind of money for a fishing rod that had to be 'fixed' with electrical tape.

Sometimes I put tape on the reel seat nut just so it doesn't back off. They are always backing off.

I'd be ok with a plastic reel seat. More concerned about the eyelets and the butt. I'm going to check those out also @Brando

Me like eyelets similar to these

images (23).jpeg

Kufa hands down is the best bang for the buck... They were built to be fished and ment to do day in day out Work with a spare tip section available if you happen to break one.. I would also say the rod has 2 version foam bottom end the 10in or a 8 in cork .. this rods has s tay the same style since it was first brought in... That being said I have really enjoyed fishing the new Salish rods and currently will fish a set of 4 these in the 2023 season and look forward to it... Another rod that did the test of time well was Rapala Classic moocher which is no longer available...

Kufa hands down is the best bang for the buck... They were built to be fished and ment to do day in day out Work with a spare tip section available if you happen to break one.. I would also say the rod has 2 version foam bottom end the 10in or a 8 in cork .. this rods has s tay the same style since it was first brought in... That being said I have really enjoyed fishing the new Salish rods and currently will fish a set of 4 these in the 2023 season and look forward to it... Another rod that did the test of time well was Rapala Classic moocher which is no longer available...
They have those at pacnet? Wonder if i could glue a carbon sleeve on it and call it a day. Those eyelets are perfect

Back