Wanted 18-21 ft aluminum

Totally get you on this boat as I know about the defects in the old whalers but....guys like Alberni Fisher make new out of old. I have fixed up worse ones. Every boat still has potential.....

Just throwing out ideas for Kelly that could be cheap. (not sold for long periods means low offer:)

Thanks for keeping the links coming guys! It's looking like I'll be guiding in Hardy this summer. With that being the case I won't get to use a new boat much so figured I'll change the plan and buy something small for the short term to take camping and occasionally fishing. Looking for something small but capable of handling some 20-30 knot slop if it comes up. I've got my eyes on power and have everything else already so I'm hoping I find a hull.

Tiller style like this.

http://www.silverstreakboats.com/boats/16-open-boat-challenger/

Not sure what you consider small, but to handle slop like that I would think you need at least 22'. Definitely not 16'.
I would tend to agree with this depending on the body of water. I have had my DE206 in Georgia Strait in mid 20s/ gusting 30 knots and it was really ugly. The mouth of the South Arm was very, very rough.

Back