Victoria reports - spring/summer 09

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Out at 7, back to the dock by 8, and working by 9.

In the mean time, this guy cleaned and marinating. 26lbs, on the flats -- Coyote spoon at about 100ft.
June%2011%2C%202009%2026lbs.jpg

TenMile
<'((((><

Nice fish Terry !

I thought "smiley" came from commercial fishermen. My girlfriends dad used to be a troller and he said anything under 8 was a "small", 8-12 is a "medium" and 12+ is a "smiley". I think they got the most money for smiley's, hence the name.

quote:Originally posted by SnapperAttacker

When you catch a salmon it should put a big smile on your face, hence smileys.

Hmmm.....so when you catch a pig like dawn2dusk did, is it called a "frowny"??? ;)

D2D....smile man!! :D

quote:Originally posted by Pippen

quote:Originally posted by SnapperAttacker

When you catch a salmon it should put a big smile on your face, hence smileys.

Hmmm.....so when you catch a pig like dawn2dusk did, is it called a "frowny"??? ;)

D2D....smile man!! :D

No - that's called a "woody" and you can't see that in the photo :D

TenMile
<'((((><

:Di was frowning cause the fish was freakin heavy for an office jockey and my wife was screwing around with the camera. I was like hurry up and take the picture. I was smiling before hand don't worry.

"Woody'? no comment

hey guys,

never fished springs on the oak flats before... is it in between Discovery Island and Lewis reef? How deep are the flats? When people refer the gap where is that?

just kind of guessing off the map I have here...

Any help would be appreciated!

quote:Originally posted by Tips Up

Nice fish Tenmile!
We are going to have to work on how to hold a fish for photos though. ;)

Tips

Yeah, same as D2D's problem -- slow draw on the camera -- holding 26lbs out at arm length for 5 minutes is tough for a desk jocky ;)

TenMile
<'((((><

quote:Originally posted by Trowser

hey guys,

never fished springs on the oak flats before... is it in between Discovery Island and Lewis reef? How deep are the flats? When people refer the gap where is that?

just kind of guessing off the map I have here...

Any help would be appreciated!

Draw a line between Trial Island and Discovery, and fish the north side of that 80-140 feet. You are there. Usually right on the bottom.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:...holding 26lbs out at arm length for ...

lol....See, another reason not to hold the fish on a stretched arm right into the lens! First you cheat and then you ache...lol:D

drove around waterfront this morning, saw a number of boats at the Oak Bay flats to Trail Island. any spring salmon fishing report?

A couple of teener's off the flats this A.M.
Purple haze and green squirts fished right off the bottom
14 & 16lbs

Picture015.jpg

Back