Victoria reports - spring/summer 09

Thanks guys! yes it was very exciting fight. Typical hit. Huge head shakes didnt pop the pin. I had to. Soon as the fish felt me pulling he went the other way. He went straight to the beach in the kelp. I thought it was a seal. But then it started thrashing on the surface was like wow.saw the tail. People walking along the beach trail were all cheering/watching. Couple dudes in kayaks stayed to watch the fight. He did a couple awesome runs. THen went deep and sulked on the bottom beneath the boat. I had a heck of time coaxing him to the net. The damn leader btw, the flasher and teaser was too long. Was a real stretch to net him. Took about 30min. And thank god the seals did not interfere. I would have jumped in with my gaff and come home with a seal skin boots if it had.

If this is any indication of what is to come....sharpen them hooks, check those leaders boys and get out there!

tight Lines

Tiny Tim on 68.

quote:Originally posted by dawn2dusk

I would like to post a pic of the tyee I caught on sat of the flag pole. Can someone send my link to instructions?

Hey LastChance, maybe you should post a sticky thread on how to post pictures, so it's readily available to new comers? Just an idea.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

Great fish! I think about ten guys on this site lost that one before you finally caught it...:DIt was in Sooke a few days ago.

did anyone from Sooke snap this fish off ? I have your pink hootchie and lucky beer flasher if you want it back! ;)

Hey HL - Looks like you have had a good season too eh. Have you switched to springs yet? get your secret anchovie rig out

did anyone from Sooke snap this fish off ? I have your pink hootchie and lucky beer flasher if you want it back! ;)

Hey HL - Looks like you have had a good season too eh. Have you switched to springs yet? get your secret anchovie rig out

D2D , yeh can't complain. The only thing I could say is that there seem to be too many options for the amount of time I have available.

We have had a great hali season and the large lakes have given up some nice slabs as well. I'll be switching gears next week and start focusing on the smileys in sooke and the water front. Hopefully they push up against the wall this year........ And of course , I am hook line and sinker taken by Renfrew so there will probably be a dozen or so trips out that way this summer.

See out there!

HL

D2D , yeh can't complain. The only thing I could say is that there seem to be too many options for the amount of time I have available.

We have had a great hali season and the large lakes have given up some nice slabs as well. I'll be switching gears next week and start focusing on the smileys in sooke and the water front. Hopefully they push up against the wall this year........ And of course , I am hook line and sinker taken by Renfrew so there will probably be a dozen or so trips out that way this summer.

See out there!

HL

When you catch a salmon it should put a big smile on your face, hence smileys.

Out at 7, back to the dock by 8, and working by 9.

In the mean time, this guy cleaned and marinating. 26lbs, on the flats -- Coyote spoon at about 100ft.
June%2011%2C%202009%2026lbs.jpg

TenMile
<'((((><

Back