Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

I picked up a 35 lb hali today. It seemed quite slow for everyone including my self and I was ready to pack it in after just under 5 hours when I heard that awesome sound of my reel peeling out line. Herring seemed to work for me. I had to stop using octopus, it seemed every dog fish around wanted a piece of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah right forgot about that. At least you are getting fish, it is pretty slow up here. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

Hey Rock, where's your sling-shot? I'd a blasted that prick real good.

Not sure that i'd want to **** one of those lions off ??
bloody things are huge.

Length and weight: The average adult male Steller sea lion is 9 feet in length and 1500 lbs. The average adult female is 7 feet in length and 600 lbs. At birth, Steller sea lions weigh 45 lbs. and are 3 feet in length.

Good day today, got to watch the whales come thru and clean up some seals.:D Wind died off, sun was in and out.:cool: Fishing was slow, hope the big guys show up soon. Sort of late, end of May already, should be here by now.:confused::confused:

Spent a few hours on the Flats this morning. Three solid fish on in a 45 minute period in the same spot beside the "Rock" but all long releases.

Fish don't seem to be there in numbers or cruising around much.

Out today for the afternoon tide change.
Got a couple hours in before the wind came up.
One strike one fish a big ol hooknosed Tyee. :D
He Put up a real scrap and then it was a Mexican standoff cause I couldn't reach him with the net.
Wild of course. Watched him swim away.:(
Sure hope one of those "Soggy Bottom Boys" doesn't get him.:p

Well done Millertime! I wonder where those fish are headed? Does anyone know?
With no reports of any migratory runs coming in almost certain one of the Early Fraser River Chinook which are protected from Sheringham to Ten Mile but open everywhere else. TOTAL INSANITY.:mad:

Fished constansce bank this am salmon fishing was on fire Landed 8 hatch jobs all 10-16lbs lost a few more all in 2 hours then went and anchored up for the rest of the day! salmon were biting the gay pride squirt and a green and white cop car rite on bottom.

Sounds like it's good in most places...
we ended up with 16,14,13 ,11lbs and released a couple of nice wild's in the mid teens
squirts on the bottom as usual. :D

Good work Craven! We were right with ya, pulled out the Camcorder and got a few pictures on your double header! Nicely done !. We had a double header as well today. Great action, nice to see.

CAM_0201.jpg

CAM_0217.jpg

If anybody happens to drag up a Berkley 10.5 moocher with a Shimano reel off the flats
Give me a call,
Don't ask, it was a $hit show. :mad::(

Will do ! I Don't need to ask.. I saw it happen.. I saw ya jump up and dart for your rod, we thought you had a good hit.. when you drifted by us we saw the **** show, not fun.
Yesterday we snagged up the canon ball twice ! thought the rigger was going in.. drag on the wire line did not give an inch ( needs some adjusting!) .. lucky it popped out both times.. today snagged the middle rod on the bottom, lost flasher and leader..
**** show's happen to all of us... buddy of mine up in Renfrew hali fishing few weekends ago.. big halli hit, rod cranked down so did the rod holder! Rod went Zip straight in GONE!

If anybody happens to drag up a Berkley 10.5 moocher with a Shimano reel off the flats
Give me a call,
Don't ask, it was a $hit show. :mad::(
Can look Monday Scott. Did you gps it.

Well I am back in Vic for 10 weeks, and stuck on shore without a boat. I walked down to the breakwater to see if anyone was catching, and saw one linghog dragged up. But I still went for a bike ride the next morning rather than fishing. Kills me being here and watching from the sidelines, but good to hear there's some action.

Back