VHF and ROCM

Another classic SFBC thread.... a couple things that are good to know, and a bunch of stuff I had no idea I needed to know :D haha

I've signed up for a ROC-M course for mid April, the excitement is hard to handle :rolleyes:. However, in the meantime, I did a google for "VHF radio procedures" and poached an image of the Transport Canada Distress and Safety Radiotelephone Procedures. Then I went to stickermule.com and ordered up a dozen 7"x5.5" stickers. I put one on the safety kit for my Zodiac, and will be handing them out to friends with boats. The stickers turned out pretty nice, the font may be a bit small in spots but it's clear and legible. The dozen stickers cost me $22, cheap and easy!

I'll still do the course, but figured this will be good reference to have posted near the VHF in boats, and for passengers on board who may not be aware of proper procedures.

I'll have a few extras, if you're in the Sidney area and would like one of these stickers, fire me a PM

Cheers!

EDIT: I had posted asking for the URL, but then I found it here: https://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/publications/mcts-sctm/ramn-arnm/part4-eng.html

Also, awesome idea.

well worth getting the rcom , although i have the RCOM ticket i was guilty of not registering for station /MMSI number for the Tinney , This thread ws a good reminder, RCOM could possibly be the most important 100$ you ever spend.. Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have.. just applied for it and am waiting for the email with the number to program it in our VHF.

Back