Boat Launching in Horseshoe Bay (Sewells Ramp)

Pineapple Express

Anybody got any tips for launching a boat at Horseshoe bay for a day of fishing? I called Sewells and their ramp is open 24hrs a day, launching is $12. But they don't have parking.

I thought I could just launch early and park in the 3hr parking on the street but all the signs say no parking midnight-7am. If I park at 5am do you think I'd be ticketed or towed?

Any other launching spots in the area? Gonna be running in a small boat so trying to keep it close to Bowen.

Doubtful that any bylaw people will be working that early in day so you could take a chance. That ramp has a gradual incline so watch tides closely.

I haven’t launched there for a few years. When did they get rid of their parking? They used to have about 6 spots for truck and trailer.

According to their site they have 3 spots for parking. So maybe….

Attachments

• IMG_0756.png
    IMG_0756.png
    784.6 KB · Views: 16
According to their site they have 3 spots for parking. So maybe….
Thanks for that screenshot. I'll see what I can find. The employee on the phone just said flat out they don't have truck/trailer parking. Maybe that was just to keep expectations low. Who knows.

They used to have parking. But you had to disconnect your trailer. That was years ago tho. I’d park just up the road and get back by 10-11 to make sure I didn’t outstay my welcome. Launch isn’t great at low tide.

Anybody got any tips for launching a boat at Horseshoe bay for a day of fishing? I called Sewells and their ramp is open 24hrs a day, launching is $12. But they don't have parking.

I thought I could just launch early and park in the 3hr parking on the street but all the signs say no parking midnight-7am. If I park at 5am do you think I'd be ticketed or towed?

Any other launching spots in the area? Gonna be running in a small boat so trying to keep it close to Bowen.
I heard you can find rv parking for bc ferry’s somewhere there launch bost then park in oversized bc ferry’s parking spots

Back