Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laffs out! Cancel the parade

Well we will have to play catch up on the golf game as your nocup boys have a big head start, somehow i don't see the nucks doing what the Leafs did in 1 year, sunny days my friends, sunny days :eek:

somehow i don't see the nucks doing what the Leafs did in 1 year, sunny days my friends, sunny days :eek:

In one year? This was a rebuild that finally is starting to come together....hardly a one year turnaround. :p:p

I'll give you credit that 16th in the east to squeaking into the playoffs is good....and a good sign for the whack jobs that follow the blue and white.:D

WOW is all i can say, Green for coach, what a slow train coming this is going to be :eek:

**** Derby could right the ship faster , with a little coaching from FishT of course:D

WOW is all i can say, Green for coach, what a slow train coming this is going to be :eek:

I don't think it matters much who the coach is, over a decade of poor drafting and trading has left a no-talent bunch of 3rd and 4th liners and minor leaguers! Just look at 2014, Instead of Jake "dumb as a bag of pucks" Virtanen (19 points in the AHL) they could have had NHLers Ehlers (64 points), Larkin (32 points), Nylander (61 points) and with their other first rounder they took Jared McCann (7 Pts for Florida) instead of Pastrnak (70 points) who was taken one pick later. Canucks future would look a lot different if management drafted even half way decently in 2014. The previous 2 management regimes drafted no better. Other than Horvat (who wasnt enough for Schneider in that trade) that at least looks like a decent NHL player , you need to go back to 2004 the last time a Canucks first rounder turned out good and that was Schneider.

No doubt on the poor drafting (AND player development).

I think Horvat for Schneider has turned out well. Schneider is 32, Horvat will be in his prime in a year or two and Schneider will be nearing the end of his career. Its not like goaltending has been an issue since Corey was traded. The Canucks picking up Miller as a free agent, losing no assets, was savvy.

But yes, dark times will continue....dark times for the foreseeable future.

Really sucks to lose the big Russian.

just maybe ...and I say maybe ..we will actually draw a 1st pick...we are due???

If its going to happen, it will happen this year in a year with no franchise type player available. No McDavid, Laine, Mathews, Eichel, or even an Eckblad!

another good win for the Oil.. great game...goal tending won the night..another note..it would be really nice for just once the Nucks could buck the trend and just get one of the 2 top picks in the lottery this year .. just maybe.. oh please :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back