Vancouver Boat show

If any members made it down today can they let us know if there are killer deals? Need to study but might drop the books and grab some gear if its worth it.

I'm headed down at 430. It doesn't open till 2, so, won't be able to report till likely 10 tonight.

I was just there and didn't really see anything that struck me as an exceptional deal. I bought a couple spoons, that's it.

Sent from my HTC

I just got back from the show. Was there when the doors opened at 11am and spent a good 2.5 hours cruising mostly the retail level. Agree with Bifmalibu that there were many/any crazy deals or doorcrashers. I'm in the market for a GPS, new tacklebox, and lots of new gear and didn't feel like I was missing out on much by not buying it today. I think all of the retailers will have boatshow pricing at their respective retail outlets around the lower mainland and the stores generally have better selection. That said, always cool to walk around and see the new stuff.

Been going to the show for the past 10+ years , I didnt get the feeling this one was a must see. Lots of boat but not really a lot of "Fishing Boats" . The big boys were there (Grady, Boston W, ) and a few big aluminums but not a lot for the mid range blue collar fisherman wanting a nice water ride. Maybe if you had a 100,000 - 3 mil to spend on a vessel or you love waterskiing you'll like the glitz and glammer.
I was impressed by Nikka and Steveston Hardware booths ..... But no great deals for me !
I guess the Abbotsford show is the real "fishermans" show !

I have seen the best deals on the last day near closing time. Seems like they do not want to pack it back to the store.
bangHead1.gif

Those gradys sure are beautiful machines. I would have to say though I was most impressed with the Ranger Tugs. Something about them is pretty cool. Not fishing boats, but pretty sweet.

Sent from my HTC

met the guys from big coast,gonna get some stickers for the boat,,, best deals i found where at the habour chandler, harpoons for 30 bucks, and good pricing on avet reels. check out the ranger tugs,, WOW...

yep those ranger tugs are amazing for sure, checked out their site and if i had enough cashola i'd be ALL over the 29 footer, wow, one can dream,lol....holmes*
The Ranger 33 was amazing. Absolutely the best fit and finish in the show and that includes the Commanders. Biggest little 33 footer in the show and terrific ideas. the seats that unfold out of the cockpit combings was brilliant.

I also liked the 34 foot whaler with triple 300's on the back. If I only had a spare 400 k kicking around, I might just pull the trigger on that beauty :-o

No smoking deals to be had, but that wasn't surprising. Perhaps the s.s. prawn traps at Steveston Marine for $33 each.

just got back from the show,
forgot my cell at home so no pics unfortunetly. Those new grady's are amazing im going to start saving up :p silver streak had some nice boats too.

deals wernt amazing, most things were 10% offish but it ranged from 5-20% on alot of things - i did get 3 trophy 11' rods from nikka for 60$ a piece down from 160 though and that was the best deal i found.
alot of sweet electronics being shown off too

anyone check out the stanley line of alu boats? holy crap 27' and a 10'6" beam,, thing is a tank!!!!

Been going to the show for the past 10+ years , I didnt get the feeling this one was a must see. Lots of boat but not really a lot of "Fishing Boats" . The big boys were there (Grady, Boston W, ) and a few big aluminums but not a lot for the mid range blue collar fisherman wanting a nice water ride. Maybe if you had a 100,000 - 3 mil to spend on a vessel or you love waterskiing you'll like the glitz and glammer.
I was impressed by Nikka and Steveston Hardware booths ..... But no great deals for me !
I guess the Abbotsford show is the real "fishermans" show !

Looks like I have to retract this and because I found out today (2nd visit) that I missed a whole section of the boat area , geees I must be getting old I can even walk myself around BC Place anymore , LOL

I saw a few nice boats and saw the new Stripers but to me they look like they downsized the cuddy ....... great looking and would like to have that 26' but like to hear from someone else on the Stiper cuddies (maybe again old age kicked in again).

Now that I have see the whole indoor show (I think ?) its well worth the trip , hell if your like me you might want to make two trips to it LOL

I love the below pic at the Striper booth

atboatshow.jpg

Quite enjoyed the show this afternoon and I'm sure some of that came from the new face on BC Place.

Picked up 2 new KoneZone Daisy Chains-Thanks to a smooth talking salesman @ the Nikka booth who pointed out to myself and another fisherman who was also buying one that if we split on another we'd get one free-so we did and I'm sure Ken is as Happy with his new toys as I am with mine.

Yes those Ranger tugs were well finished units but I can't say that for all the boats on display.

One brand with the word Streak in it's name looked more like skid mark man was there some lousy welding & painting on display (and they weren't the only ones).

Glad I went but won't be going to another any time soon BC is a small scene after all.

Thanks again to Gidyup for the tickets!

Four of us heading over tomorrow (Sat). Perhaps we will see some of you there and have one of those $10.00 beers.

Did not see to many great deals at the show . 30 foot commander was one sweet dream boat I thought if only I had a extra 300 k . Wish they had they 26 on display . Trophywife, I agree the stanley line was very nice, bomber and nicely laid out with lots of space. Must say I am pretty happy with my 2359 after seeing all these high end rigs, too bad trophy dropped it from the line.

I went to the boat show Thurs, not many people around and you could walk up to any boat and view it with no delay.

I did notice that there were not many fibreglass closed cabin boats on display (Orcas, Seasport, Sea west....). I guess with Seasport buying out Orca and then Seasport have their own problems those two brands will be getting hard and hard to find if they're not making as many.

Not many deals at the suppliers. All I saw were low end hali spear $35, hydrostatic life jackets $185, and low end rods and reel combos.

One good thing was there were lot of reps on hand to answer question, I came away with great answers and suggestions. Special related to your engine making oil (mine doesn't but I thought I'd ask). They referred me to a product called Ring Free Plus to add to my fuel. They referred to it as vitamins for your engine.

I will continue to shop local and support the local Victoria shops, their price are the same as anything I saw at the show.

I think I'll go to Seattle next year now the $$ is on par.

I went to the boat show Thurs, not many people around and you could walk up to any boat and view it with no delay.

I did notice that there were not many fibreglass closed cabin boats on display (Orcas, Seasport, Sea west....). I guess with Seasport buying out Orca and then Seasport have their own problems those two brands will be getting hard and hard to find if they're not making as many.

Not many deals at the suppliers. All I saw were low end hali spear $35, hydrostatic life jackets $185, and low end rods and reel combos.

One good thing was there were lot of reps on hand to answer question, I came away with great answers and suggestions. Special related to your engine making oil (mine doesn't but I thought I'd ask). They referred me to a product called Ring Free Plus to add to my fuel. They referred to it as vitamins for your engine.

I will continue to shop local and support the local Victoria shops, their price are the same as anything I saw at the show.

All of the fibreglass manufacturers were at the Seattle show including Seasport. It blows the Vancouver one away

SeaSport just got the moulds back, and are producing new ones again,Orca's and Osprey's are in production as well

I went to both shows this year. Vancouver boat show prices on a lot of gear was the same as list prices advertised in Seattle. Not many deals to be found at all. I did find a few items that matched Seattle prices though. Over all other than a few manufactures not at the Seattle show not a lot of sense hitting the Vancouver show if you have the opportunity to go south. Bigger show, better prices and cheaper food and booze.....LOL

Back