Vainer park boat launch

staying alive

can you get in and out at the new boat launch at low tide , haven't tried it yet , anybody have any info.
Looks like it should be ok but would like to hear from someone who has been there.

I live right by it....pretty low tide today around 1. I can take a pic later, haven't even looked at it on a real low like today.

Sweet that would awesome thanks , thinking of going Hans solo this afternoon in the wind.
I stopped and looked at it this week when I was working downtown, looks like it goes out pretty far, but would be nice to have somebody's opinion

What size boat are you launching?

Depending what the wind does this afternoon....not blowing like yesterday; HITW was like a lake while the Bay was snotty.

I should add there are about a dozen truck/trailers there which obviously launched earlier in the day at a higher tide. I think I'd be concerned and wait til it's higher, pretty sure the vehicles there aren't retrieving their boats any time soon.

Closest vehicle track to the water line was a good 25-30'.

Anyone else curious....west ramp is not open and construction seems to have come to a standstill. :confused::rolleyes:

I think he meant the West side at low. I have had a look a couple of times but not at a low low. It looks like it is sloped a lot better than before. Curious to see how the concrete blocks will hold up. Does look like things have come to a standstill though. It was slated to be finished mid March.

Would like to know the hold up on installing the docks on the other launch. That side is much better on a low tide

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I think he meant the West side at low. I have had a look a couple of times but not at a low low. It looks like it is sloped a lot better than before. Curious to see how the concrete blocks will hold up. Does look like things have come to a standstill though. It was slated to be finished mid March.
I went out for a look at the low tide the other day and you clearly get the impression that the contractor didn't really get too serious about doing a good job in the low tide section of the west ramp. It is a sad state of affairs when this is the best we can do for the great global city of Vancouver. I will try and post some pictures. Still a no go at low tide like it was before. Thanks a lot Mr. Mayor you took good care of the bikers, kyakers and long boaters but couldn't care to get them to do it right for us power boaters. See ya at the voters box

what is the deal? the summer will be a right off for launching in town at this rate. i just about got a hernia using the ramp an hour off a not very low tide the last time I used the ramp. Luckily I have a shallow V aluminum, or I would have been waiting a long time. I live right by the ramp, but I think I'll have use other ramps unless the tides are right.

WHAT A PATHETIC JOKE

I have use it in the past, it was a BAD Ramp at Low Tide. But now will never go there, I will pay for a better boat Launch..... Thank You Mayor & Staff. How about start thinking about people who pay and vote you in !!!!!

Totally crap job by the contractor. The gravel which was to stay in among the concrete blocks has washed away. The concrete blocks are super slippery and a hazard to walk on...someone is likely to roll an ankle. It needs gravel and about 12" of concrete framed and put on top of it.

There is a sign up which says the project will be completed by the end of the first week of June.

Like I said before...and my previous posts were censored and deleted...total incompetence by all involved.

Carry on and launch on a different ramp!

Back