Used Scout 175

Scout builds a great boat. I have always lusted after the 242 Abaco. People that have the 175's seem to love them. Good reviews on THT.

Thanks, che k it out and see. Has a Yamaha T60 which I think is under powered, but overall looks clean, brand new trailer, and price seems right

Thanks, che k it out and see. Has a Yamaha T60 which I think is under powered, but overall looks clean, brand new trailer, and price seems right
Yeah, way underpowered. Should have a 115. You would want to budget for a motor swap.

Pendlington was using the same boat/motor on one of his salt water fly fishing episodes.
He had only good things to say, it looked like the 60 pushed it just fine.

Sweet. I was the one calling while you were viewing it.. I want one really bad now, pretty much the perfect boat for what I need! Already emailed legacy to see if they're getting rid of more soon.

Dipped it in the lake at Cowichan this weekend, it’s great, can’t wait to get it dialed for fishing. Being that it’s from Legacy lodge I’d bet it’s had some hogs on deck!

Dipped it in the lake at Cowichan this weekend, it’s great, can’t wait to get it dialed for fishing. Being that it’s from Legacy lodge I’d bet it’s had some hogs on deck!

Too funny. I was out for a sunset boat ride with my wife and as we were heading through the narrows from Honeymoon Bay towards Gordon Bay I slowed down to let this CC boat pass in front of us. As it came closer I saw the familiar Legacy Lodge decal on the side and said to my wife, hey that guy is on my forum and just bought that boat! Figured there couldn't be more than one cruising around the Island! Looked great from our vantage point!

Brian

Last edited:
My son had one for a while,it was well built,but it took a while for me to get used to the low freeboard.

Back