Trailer rebuild thread.

Anyone familiar with reflective tape. I don't think it's even required with my marker lights. I just put it on for some extra noticeability. I got the white forward part right on the horizontal but someone pointed out to me that red should be on top for the vertical tape. Just wondering if I should switch it out and if I'll get pulled over because of it. Also I put the vertical stuff on the front of the posts should this be amber coloured tape?

Anyone familiar with reflective tape. I don't think it's even required with my marker lights. I just put it on for some extra noticeability. I got the white forward part right on the horizontal but someone pointed out to me that red should be on top for the vertical tape. Just wondering if I should switch it out and if I'll get pulled over because of it. Also I put the vertical stuff on the front of the posts should this be amber coloured tape?

Ya must got some left over.....................Pls pass remnants 2 me

When can I drop my trailer off? Nice work:cool:

Hey Sculpin: Nice work on the rebuild, btw!

I bought a new trailer from the U.S. so I had to add the tape for Transport Canada requirements - this is the best link I could find:
http://www.zx1.net/trailerposter/ ; other than the Transport Canada site. It has good graphic descriptions.

Hey Sculpin: Nice work on the rebuild, btw!

I bought a new trailer from the U.S. so I had to add the tape for Transport Canada requirements - this is the best link I could find:
http://www.zx1.net/trailerposter/ ; other than the Transport Canada site. It has good graphic descriptions.

Thanks for that link Foxsea. From what I can tell tape is not even required on my trailer (not over 10,000 lbs) and I already have all the proper lighting. I might replace the front side bunk post tape with some amber tape though kind of like some of those diagrams.

Thanks for that link Foxsea. From what I can tell tape is not even required on my trailer (not over 10,000 lbs) and I already have all the proper lighting. I might replace the front side bunk post tape with some amber tape though kind of like some of those diagrams.

Prob ok w/ lights - I went w/ the "over 80" adding some tape and reflectors as on the boat graphics and also where it said red or amber reflectors: eg "On the rear - symmetrical - as far apart as practicable- facing rearward" to indicate width and length - my trailer is over 30' long. I used the tape in places, going by: "Reflex reflectors may not be required if they are replaced, in their required location, with conspicuity treatment." Glad I don't have to say "conspicuity"! :D

Back